Are you looking to immerse yourself in a healthier, more conscious environment while gaining valuable life skills?
Do you need opportunities for reflection, to connect with a simpler way of living and a break from the modern lifestyle?
Are you looking for self-development and growth?
Then this 4 week training program will help you immensely
This Yoga Life Skills Program offers a 4 week easy-entry path in to a more conscious lifestyle. It begins with the Explore Your ‘Self’ Retreat and continues with a 3 week residential stay of yogic lifestyle learning and experience.
The first week offers an introduction to a yogic lifestyle through the Explore Your ‘Self’ Retreat. During this week you will experience bringing together different yoga and meditation practices for an enhanced level of understanding. Receive a broad range of tools to take away so you can start supporting yourself through the hustle and bustle of life.
The following 3 weeks of the Yogic Life Skills Program take you a bit deeper, where you will cultivate these skills further.
During your stay you will participate in our regular daily schedule. This extended retreat is an opportunity for self-discovery and development in a supportive environment. Surrounded by some of the most stunning nature New Zealand has to offer.
No previous yoga experience is necessary – everybody is welcome!
For more details about both retreats, read our Explore Your Self Blog or Yogic Life Skills Blog . Learn to live a more conscious life while increasing your knowledge and participation in a yogic lifestyle.
Yogic Life Skills Program – 4 weeks
Monday 28 October, 2019 - Sunday 24 November, 2019
The Retreat Programme Includes
27 nights, shared accommodation (unless camping) with vegetarian meals and full retreat programme.
The 4-week programme offers:
- The introductory Explore Your Self Retreat makes up the first week
- The following 3 weeks allow you to immerse yourself in an inspiring yogic lifestyle
- Being part of a community, living a life of simplicity, mindfulness and service to support the growth and well-being of all
- Supported introduction to new areas of growth, responsibility and learning in a supported and accepting environment
- 3 healthy vegetarian meals per day, with brunch and dinner on Sundays
Mentorship & life skills development in areas such as:
- Healthy cooking and kitchen management
- Organic gardening and landscape design
- Maintenance and eco building
- Admin and office assistance
- Caring for a small retreat centre
Regular weekly schedule including:
- Hatha yoga classes
- Small group discussions
- Guided meditation
- Daily chanting
- Kirtan (singing mantras to music)
- Daily Yoga Nidra (deep relaxation)
- Karma Yoga (action with meditative awareness)
- Fire Ceremony (Havan) and Chanting (healing sound vibration)
Start Time: 5pm onwards Monday – arrival/registration
Finish Time: 11am Sunday
Complimentary pick up: Monday 28th Oct 5.45pm Golden Bay Visitor Centre
Complimentary drop off: Sunday 24th Nov 11am back to Golden Bay Visitor Centre
- Special Dietary Requirements: All meals provided are vegetarian. Vegan, Dairy Free & Gluten Free can be provided for an additional NZ$10 per week. Please add this to your booking at checkout.
- Private Sessions: Private yoga and Therapeutic Consultations, Bodywork and Nutritional Guidance are available by appointment. Click here to find out more.
- Private rooms: Limited options are available on request, subject to availability.
- Camping: Tent hire is available for an additional cost of NZ$30. Please add this to your booking at checkout.
For more information or to request any extras, please email us.
Anahata Teachers – we have an ever-changing group of visiting and resident teachers at Anahata. All are well trained and knowledgeable in their field, and they will lead you through this retreat in a respectful and gentle manner, inspiring you to go deeper and explore what you find.
Yogic Life Skills Program - 4 weeks
Explore Other Retreats & Events
Wednesday 29 August, 2018 - Wednesday 10 July, 2019
Saturday 06 April, 2019 - Saturday 13 July, 2019