What to Bring For Your Stay
- Sleeping bag/duvet* (Anahata provides a pillow, fitted sheet & wool blanket)
- Jacket (and rain gear is useful)
- Warm, comfortable clothes (bring clothes for all seasons – as Anahata is located up a mountain, the weather is very changeable)
- Slip-on shoes and walking shoes if required (gumboots are useful)
- Towel and toiletries
- Washing powder/soap for hand-washing essential clothes (ecologically friendly please)
- Water bottle
- Torch (important) & extra batteries
- Alarm clock
- Personal CD players/MP3 players with headphones only
- Cash (NZ$). You may want to bring a little extra for private sessions or items from the Yoga Shop (e.g. books, CDs, incense, etc.)
- An open heart and mind
*Linen/bedding is available to hire for $30 for your stay. Linen is provided when staying in Chakra Guest House.
You May Also Want to Bring
- Specialty dietary foods or snacks (We cater to vegan and gluten free diets)
- Phone card (0800 card if you wish to make long distance calls)
- Writing material or notebooks
- Any pharmaceuticals/medications needed for your stay
- Garden gloves
- Cell phones to be turned off unless checking messages in free time only.
- We are smoke free. Please abstain from smoking on the grounds during your stay.
- In consideration of others, please refrain from wearing strong perfumes or cologne.
- Please note that we do not serve coffee at Anahata but we do have several nice tea options including black tea.
Please Do NOT Bring!
- Alcohol and recreational drugs
- Hair dryers (unfortunately our solar power system cannot handle them)