What to Bring For Your Stay
- Torch (important) & extra batteries
- Water bottle
- Warm, comfortable clothes for all seasons – the weather is very changeable at Anahata
- Slip-on shoes and walking shoes if required (gumboots are useful)
- Any specialty dietary foods or snacks (We cater to vegan, dairy free and gluten free diets)
- Any pharmaceuticals/medications needed for your stay
- Epipen – if you have known allergies that require the use of an Epipen in case of emergency, please make sure to bring this with you.
(From 1 February 2023, people at risk of anaphylaxis who meet certain eligibility criteria will have access to funded adrenaline auto-injectors.)
- Personal toiletries
- Alarm clock
- Writing material or notebooks
- Headphones for any electronics with sound
- An open heart and mind
- We are off grid and have limited solar power as well as limited reception. Please plan for a “Technology Detox” by not using electronic devices unless necessary. This includes phones, tablets, computers, etc.
- We are smoke free. Please abstain from smoking on the grounds during your stay.
- In consideration of others, please refrain from wearing strong perfumes or cologne.
- Please note that we do not serve coffee at Anahata but we do have several nice tea options including black tea.
Please Do NOT Bring!
- Alcohol and recreational drugs
- Meat products
- Items needing refrigeration- we have very limited space (medicines excepted)
- Electric heaters, kettles, Hair dryers (our solar power system cannot handle them)
We do not have on-site eftpos facilities. Please be prepared with cash or plan to make a bank transfer for any necessary transactions, including purchases in our bookshop. Anahata is half an hour away from any shops, banks or Internet cafes. Please attend to any needs in town before you come to Anahata.