A professional development course for yoga teachers, health and education professionals & those interested in guiding relaxation techniques. Explore tools to assist in the release of deep muscular, mental and emotional tension, inducing calmness and clarity for a range of life and health situations. Learn teaching tools to effectively share a range of relaxation practices for differing client needs, including therapeutic applications.
In a nutshell:
- 7 day immersion
- 70 hours of training cover theory, applications & instructing Yoga Nidra
- For personal or professional development: open to yoga practitioners, yoga teachers & health professionals
- Only 12 spots available
- explore Yoga Nidra at home & in class
- learn how to use the technique to manage stress effectively
- learn how to instruct a 4, 6 , 7 and 8 stage Yoga Nidra
- receive professional mentorship during the homework and home practice component
The training is designed for:
- yoga practitioners who want to delve deeper in their personal practice and learn how to manage stress effectively.
- yoga teachers who want to develop a new skill and deepen their understanding of yogic concepts and lifestyle.
- health professionals who are looking for an effective tool to support clients. Research proves that Yoga Nidra benefits people suffering from anxiety, chronic fatigue, digestive disorders, sleeping difficulties, obesity, addiction.
Yoga Nidra does not involve physical movement. The 9 days immersion does involve yoga classes with postures and breathing techniques, however these classes are restorative and rather gentle.
- This event has passed.
Yoga Nidra Teacher Training Australia
Sunday 20 February, 2022 - Sunday 27 February, 2022
The Retreat Programme Includes
7 days onsite, full program, pre-practice and followed by a 6 week training package with course work including MP3 practice, teaching and expert mentoring undertaken at home.
- Daily Yoga Nidra, Breathing Practices and Yoga to balance the experience
- Understanding the techniques of Yoga Nidra and Diaphragmatic Breathing from a practical and theoretical point of view
- The science behind the techniques; relaxation response, the nervous system, the Vagus nerve, brain plasticity, the breathing organs and more
- Exploration of building resilience, better sleep patterns, the adrenal glands and more
- Self-reflection tools
- Teaching Theory, including class and course planning, teaching to different needs, contra-indications, client support, teaching practicals, use of voice and much more.
- SWAN practice
- The opportunity to develop your inner awareness, train the mind and bring balance to the nervous system
- Mentored teaching practice
- Audio files, PowerPoints, resources, videos and other inspiring content for your personal practice
- Student manual
The Yoga Nidra training is certified as 70 ‘Continuing Education’ hours with Yoga Alliance, Yoga Australia and SYTA Continuing Education credits. All participants receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of the training.
Investment: AUD $1459. Payment plan options available.
Venue: Forster Yoga Studio
Start Time: Sunday 20th Feb, 6:00pm for orientation.
Finish Time: Sunday 27th Feb, 6:00pm.
Forster Yoga Studio is Lvl.1, 48 Wharf Street, Forster.
The nearest airport is Newcastle which is a 1.5hr drive South of Forster or Port Macquarie which is a 1.5hr drive North. There is a bus from Broadmeadow (Newcastle) train station to Forster that takes around 3hrs.
To view special discounted rates for accommodation close to Forster Yoga Studio click here
Please send expressions of interest to: email@example.com OR 0411 309 678.
Swami Karma Karuna is a founding member and director of Anahata Yoga Retreat, New Zealand. She is an engaging, intuitive yoga and meditation teacher, international speaker and writer with more than 25 years of experience in the yoga field, with significant training in Nepal and India and ongoing training in the ashram with her teachers from the Bihar School of Yoga. Swami Karma Karuna weaves together the ancient practices with a touch of psychology and brain science aimed at motivating people to live their yoga here and now. She delivers her knowledge in a multi-faceted way using lectures, PowerPoints, practical experience, group exercises, personal reflection, teaching practice, readings, latest research, case studies and guided practices to take away.
Swami Karma Karuna is a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider (YACEP) and E-RYT 500 registered, a IAYT Yoga Therapist, a Senior Teacher of Yoga Australia and New Zealand as well as a Swami of the Bihar Yoga lineage. A Bachelor of Arts in Interpersonal Communications with a minor in Psychology determined an early interest in working with groups and individuals. She shares an authentic and down-to-earth approach, offering yoga teacher trainings, Continuing Education courses for various organizations, international events and spiritual sadhana retreats around the world.
Sn. Nityadrashta (Nicola Robertson) is a senior Level 2 Yoga teacher and Yoga Therapist with 20 plus years of teaching experience, and is passionate about sharing her extensive knowledge and experience with others and taking students on a deeper journey of self- discovery. Having spent 3 years studying to be a Yoga Teacher with Satyananda Yoga in 1997, Nitya has continued to explore and further study the many aspects of Yoga and Ayurveda, more recently studying in Bihar School of Yoga in India in 2013 for 12 months and training to be a Yoga Therapist on her return to Australia. With this extensive background Nitya has a wealth of knowledge and experience in teaching Yoga Nidra. Nitya is also an Ayurvedic Lifestyle Coach and Marma Therapist.
Read about Resident Devpriya’s life-changing experience during the New Zealand Yoga Nidra Teacher Training in her article – From Panic to Peace – How Yoga Nidra Changed my Life.
Learn about The Power of Yoga Nidra in Crisis and how it can help you face the unexpected challenges of life before, during and after.
Listen to Anahata teacher Swami Karma Karuna’s interview with Gina Sager on the usefulness of Yoga Nidra when in a state of modern dis-ease.
Yoga Nidra Teacher Training Australia
Explore Other Gatherings
With: Swami Karma Karuna
Friday 01 July, 2022 - Monday 01 July, 2024
Sunday 07 January, 2024 @ 8:00 am - Sunday 03 March, 2024 @ 5:00 pm