- This event has passed.
Traditional Hatha Yoga Shuddhi Gathering
Thursday 06 January, 2022 - Sunday 09 January, 2022
Shuddhi is the Sanskrit word for Purification. Gather Together to Cleanse Your Mind and Body as You Feed Your Heart and Soul
In the same way that a room collects dust and clutter and needs regular cleaning, the body and mind can collect toxins or blocks that create imbalance or sluggishness in our systems, eventually leading to ill health and disconnection from our higher source. A regular inner clean-up and the development of positive lifestyle habits are key to maintaining health, wellbeing and spiritual transformation.
Gather together to learn traditional Hatha Yoga, detox cleansing practices and mindfulness meditation to activate and purify the body and mind. The Traditional Hatha Yoga Shuddhi Gathering is wonderful preparation for the body, mind and energy before meditation. So while this can be attended as a stand-alone gathering, we highly recommend joining us for the Power of Awareness, for a far deeper silent meditation experience. If you choose to book both the Traditional Hatha Yoga Shuddhi & Power of Awareness Gatherings as a package, you will receive one free night of meals and accommodation in between the two gatherings
Discuss nutritional tools to support digestive health and activation of your vital energy body. Explore the importance of the relaxation response, sleep hygiene and restorative practices to strengthen immunity and support optimal health & wellbeing.
To learn more, read our Yoga & Purification Blog or Blog
The Programme Includes
3 nights shared Accommodation (unless camping), all meals and sessions.
- Hatha Yoga classes to activate the pranic field
- Restorative Yoga for relaxation response to increase immunity
- Talks on wholesome food, sleep hygiene and the relaxation response for immunity and spiritual transformation
- Small group discussions
- Heating and cleansing breathing exercises
- Shuddhi detox cleansing practices
- Guided mindfulness meditation to let go of the old patterns
- Daily Yoga Nidra (deep relaxation)
- Fire Ceremony (Havan) and Chanting (healing sound vibration)
Start Time: Thursday evening
Finish Time: Sunday, 9th Jan, 12pm drop off after Brunch
Complimentary pick up: Thursday, 6th Jan 6:10pm Golden Bay Visitor Centre, where the Golden Bay Coachlines bus will drop you off if traveling to Takaka from Nelson.
Complimentary drop off : Sunday, 9th Jan 12pm back to Golden Bay Visitor Centre, where the Golden Bay Coachlines bus will pick you up from if traveling from Takaka to Nelson.
Standard Suggested Donation: NZD $545
Camping Suggested Donation: NZD $515
If you choose to book both the Traditional Hatha Yoga Shuddhi & Power of Awareness Gatherings as a package, you will receive one free night of meals and accommodation in between the two gatherings.
- Special Dietary Requirements: All meals provided are vegetarian. Vegan, Dairy-Free & Gluten Free can be provided for an additional donation of NZD $15.
- Private Sessions: Private yoga and Therapeutic Consultations. Click here to find out more.
- Private rooms: Limited options are available on request, subject to availability.
- Camping: Tent hire is available for an additional donation of NZD $30. If interested in hiring a tent, please enquire with us at the time of booking as we have a limited amount available.
For more information or to request any extras, please email us.
Swami Kailash has studied and lived in yoga ashrams in New Zealand and India from an early age. From this background he brings a practical, simple and joyful perspective to all aspects of yoga. He is a warm and engaging teacher and has been teaching yoga for twenty years, most recently in Australasia, India and Korea.
Explore Other Gatherings
With: Swami Karma Karuna
Friday 01 July, 2022 - Monday 01 July, 2024
Monday 04 December, 2023 @ 3:00 pm - Sunday 10 December, 2023 @ 12:00 pm