Join us either in-person at Anahata Yoga Retreat, OR online – from the comfort of your own home!
The in-person retreat option includes Karma Yoga, Havan & Kirtan and daily Hatha Yoga, Morning Chanting & Yoga Nidra led by Swami Karma Karuna + 3x daily Meditation sessions with Swami Anandakumar.
The online retreat only includes 3x Meditation sessions with Swami Anandakumar.
This 4-day meditation retreat with Swami Anandakumar & Swami Karma Karuna provides an opportunity to travel to your own centre, to find the stillness within and discover that your own inner nature is unchanging.
The retreat offers the unique opportunity to explore tools that will help you to truly find peace, happiness, clarity and perspective on the whole of life.
This silent meditation retreat offers a unique chance for you to go into a space of silence to begin or deepen your meditation practice depending on your previous experience. Let your mind rest and enjoy a different, deeper kind of reflection and relaxation that will leave you wiser, and more ready for the challenges of life.
Renowned meditation teacher, Swami Anandakumar, takes a fresh and direct approach to meditation which is effective for both the beginner and advanced practitioner. The combination of ancient yoga techniques with well-timed, intuitive guidance, aimed at the modern mind, helps each person to find their way to deeper levels of awareness through access to their own intuitive experience.
These meditation practices will be balanced with Hatha Yoga, Yoga Nidra, Karma Yoga, Kirtan and Havan (fire ceremony) to actively encourage a self-explorative approach to meditation and provide a gentle way to balance the mind and realign the awareness toward your own inner nature.
With more than 35 years experience Sw. Anandakumar helps to bring harmony to meditation practice, outlining a working ‘road map’ in order to harmonise any conflict with the body-mind and find your way forward. This allows your meditation practice to come from a place of inspiration rather than a feeling of obligation, which is uplifting even as you begin to face up to yourself. It’s a jumping off point for a deeper self-discovery.
The focus of this inspiring retreat is on Awareness in Meditation. And it will help to answer some essential questions.
- What is meditation?
- What is its purpose?
- How do we practise it properly?
- How do we maintain our meditation practice
- What are the benefits that meditation can accrue for us in daily life?
This course is suitable:
• For all sincere students, seekers, and spiritual adventurers.
• To develop and extend your regular meditation practice of finding the answers within the self.
• Each meditation experience is unique with the potential to go deeper each time.
If you are interested, read our Blog 5 Reasons to attend a Silent Meditation Retreat written by Mahima who attended this retreat with Swami Anandakumar in India OR check out our interview with Swami Anandakumar.
- This event has passed.
Power of Awareness Silent Meditation Retreat
Wednesday 10 November, 2021 - Sunday 14 November, 2021
Start Time: Thursday morning 11th November
Finish Time: 12pm on Sunday 14th November
3x daily meditation sessions (thurs, fri, sat + a final session on the Sunday)
Daily Session Times:
- 9:30-11:00am NZ (8-9am NSW)
- 11:30-12:30pm NZ (9:30-10:30 AEST)
- 5:00-6:00pm NZ (3-4:00 AEST)
- Retreat with camping accommodation: NZ $655
- Retreat with in-house accommodation: NZ $695
- Retreat with in-house accommodation + bedding hire: NZ $725
- Retreat with in-house accommodation + transport: NZ $725
- Retreat with in-house accommodation + transport + bedding hire: NZ $755
- Additional extra – Weds night accommodation with dinner and breakfast (Saturday morning): NZ $75
- Online Retreat: NZ $250 (The online retreat will only include the 3x daily Meditation sessions + a final session on Sunday. The in-person retreat options include Hatha Yoga and Morning Chanting and Yoga Nidra each day, as well as Karma Yoga, Havan & Kirtan).
To book now, please email us.
If joining us online, it is recommended that you set up your space and schedule, so you can have a home retreat and maintain silence as much as possible. Make sure you have a good internet connection.
- Special Dietary Requirements: All meals provided are vegetarian. Vegan, Dairy Free & Gluten Free can be provided for an additional NZD $15. Add this to your booking at checkout.
- Private Sessions: Private yoga and Therapeutic Consultations, Bodywork and Nutritional Guidance are available by appointment. Click here to find out more.
- Private rooms: Limited options are available on request, subject to availability.
- Camping: Tent hire is available for an additional cost of NZD $30. If interested in hiring a tent, please enquire with us at the time of booking as we have a limited amount available.
Swami Karma Karuna is a highly experienced yoga and meditation teacher, inspirational speaker, writer and IAYT Certified Yoga Therapist with 30 years of experience. Karuna specializes in a range or areas including restorative and therapeutic practices, breathing techniques, yoga psychology and women’s health. She is also a co-founder and director of Anahata Yoga Retreat, New Zealand and leads workshops, trains yoga teachers and health professionals, presents at international events and offers therapeutic one-to-one yoga sessions in person or online.
Power of Awareness Silent Meditation Retreat
Explore Other Retreats & Events
Sunday 27 December, 2020 @ 8:00 am - Friday 01 December, 2023 @ 5:00 pm
With: Sannyasi Priyadhara
Friday 01 April, 2022 - Saturday 01 April, 2023