Meditation and Pranayama Teacher Training
Friday 07 April, 2023 - Sunday 23 April, 2023
In-person 16-day residential at Anahata Yoga Retreat, Golden Bay, New Zealand, followed by an 8-week home study & practice period. A total of 150 hours covering theory, applications & learning to instruct classical meditation and pranayama techniques. All-inclusive of training sessions, a comprehensive manual, online content, food & accommodation.
A professional development course for yoga teachers, health and education professionals and those interested in guiding meditative techniques. Explore tools to support physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being.
Classical meditation and pranayama techniques will be explored from practical, scientific, psychological and lifestyle perspectives. Learn teaching tools to effectively share a range of meditative practices for differing client needs, including therapeutic applications.
Delve into each stage of meditation including history, symbology and technique. Investigate the autonomic nervous system; mudras and bandhas; cultivating concentration; pratyahara and relevant yogic theory; mindfulness; seated meditation postures; principles of care; creative teaching; course and class planning; client support; and so much more!
Meditation techniques are presented as a progression from pratyahara (ability to withdraw from sensory input) to dharana (concentration practices) to support a depth of understanding on how to apply different types of meditation to different needs. The mind is gradually trained to connect into effortless internal focus. The meditative practices can be utilised to influence the autonomic nervous system, retraining the brain to release stress, anxiety, and past impressions, enhance creativity, and deepen spiritual awareness.
Classical Pranayama techniques such as Kapalabhati, Bhastrika, Nadi Shodhana, Brahmari, Ujjayi have applications for physical, mental and energetic layers of experience. Applications for particular health needs include the ability to heat, cool, calm, balance the nervous system, mind, and vital energy layers.
Request an info booklet: email@example.com
This Training is Designed for…
- Yoga Practitioners who want to delve deeper in their personal practice and learn how to cultivate the practice of meditation.
- Yoga Teachers who want to develop new skills and deepen their understanding of yogic concepts and lifestyle.
- Health Professionals who are looking for effective tools to support clients.
Medical and health professionals, psychiatrists, psychotherapists and yoga teachers are
using these practices in a variety of settings including schools, offices, community
centres, drug and alcohol rehabilitation, prisons and nursing homes.
They may be effective in the management of:
- Stress, Anxiety, Insomnia & Depression
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- High Blood Pressure and Heart Disease
- Respiratory conditions
- Neurological conditions and motor impairments
- Chronic fatigue and adrenal issues
- Digestive Issues
- Asthma and Diabetes
The Programme Includes
16 days onsite, shared accommodation (unless camping), all meals and the full programme, followed by an 8 week home study and practice period with course work including MP3 practice undertaken at home.
- Daily meditation, pranayama, and asana practices
- Understanding the techniques of meditation and pranayama from a practical and theoretical point of view
- The science behind the techniques; relaxation response, the nervous system, the Vagus nerve, brain plasticity, the breathing organs and more
- Immersion into the yoga lifestyle
- Self-reflection tools
- Teaching theory, including class and course planning, teaching to different needs, contra-indications, client support, teaching practicals, use of voice and much more.
- Fire Ceremony (Havan) and Chanting (healing sound vibration)
- The opportunity to develop your inner awareness, train the mind and bring balance to the nervous system
- Mentored teaching practice
- Audio files, PowerPoints, resources, videos and other inspiring content for your personal practice
- Student manual
- A certificate of completion at the end of the training from Anahata Yoga Retreat
- 150 accredited hours with Yoga New Zealand
- 150 continuing education credits can be sought from Yoga Australia, and Satyananda Yoga Teachers Association
This training is Module 2 of our 300-hour Relaxation and Meditation Teacher Training (Intermediate to Advanced)
Module 1: Yoga Nidra & Restorative Practices (150 hours)
Module 2: Meditation and Pranayama (150 hours)
Students can take one or both of the modules, and are not required to have taken Module 1 to take Module 2. However, taking both modules in order is the best way to get the most out of the training, as Module 1 covers educational prerequisites that will be further expanded upon in Module 2. Book both modules at the same time, and receive a 10% discount.
Yoga New Zealand Accreditation Information
Both modules are fully accredited with Yoga New Zealand. Please note that they are NOT general 200 hour Teacher Training courses, but rather continuing education courses. For students who already have their 200 RYT, taking one module will raise the student to the 350-hour education level and taking both modules will raise the student to the 500-hour level. If you have any questions about accreditation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standard Price: NZD $3327.00
Camping Price: NZD $3167.00
Early-Bird Price (if full payment made by March 7th 2023): NZD $2994.30
Scholarship: 50% off. Please contact us if you wish to apply.
For more information and to BOOK NOW please email us.
To view scheduled flights from Wellington to Golden Bay, visit the Golden Bay Air website here.
- Sauna and healing treatments are available. Please contact us to book an appointment in advance.
- Camping: Tent hire is available for an additional cost of NZD $30. If interested in hiring a tent, please enquire with us at the time of booking as we have a limited amount available.
- Private Sessions: Private yoga training, consultations and yogic cleansing practices with Swami Karma Karuna are offered online and in-person by appointment. Click here to find out more
To book now and to request any extras, please email us.
Swami Karma Karuna, lead trainer, is a senior teacher of Yoga NZ, Yoga Australia, IAYT Yoga Therapist, Yoga Alliance E-RYT 500 and YACEP registered. She offers years of expertise delivered in a multi-faceted way using lectures, PowerPoints, practical experience, group exercises, personal reflection, teaching practice, readings, latest research, case studies and guided practices to take away.
Explore Other Gatherings
Koha/Donation Online Yoga Classes
Sunday 27 December, 2020 @ 8:00 am - Friday 01 December, 2023 @ 5:00 pm
Integral Yoga & Mindfulness Programme for PTSD
With: Sannyasi Priyadhara
Friday 01 April, 2022 - Saturday 01 April, 2023
Developing Resilience Online Course
With: Swami Karma Karuna
Friday 01 July, 2022 - Monday 01 July, 2024