- This event has passed.
Yoga Sadhana Training
Friday 19 August, 2022 - Sunday 04 September, 2022
Anahata Yoga Retreat is delighted to welcome Yin Culture who will be hosting the Yoga Sadhana Training gathering at our Golden Bay Retreat. Kindly note that the teachings included in this gathering may not reflect Anahata's tradition and philosophy.
This training is an immersion into the philosophy, practice and lifestyle of Traditional Yoga.
Yoga Sadhana is the journey of remembering and realizing the True-Self, Atma, Purusha or Soul. One who walks the path of Sadhana through dedicated practice is known as a Sadhaka.
The first week is focused on learning a complete practice of Yoga for your personal Sadhana. This is based on Hatha Yoga techniques which include: Shatkarma (Purification) Asana (Posture) Pranayama (Breath) Bandha (Locks) Mudra (Seals) Mantra (Sound) and Kriya (Meditation).
The second week is an exploration of the Chakra system which features a specific meditation for each Chakra and a complete practice which combines them all. Advanced Hatha Yoga techniques are introduced to channel the flow of energy to the specific Chakras.
Throughout the Sadhana, Yoga Nidra is incorporated for complete relaxation of the body and the mind, combined with the practice of Sankalpa, an affirmation of the Souls intent.
To deepen the experience, philosophies and practices from Jnana Yoga, Bhakti Yoga and Karma Yoga are integrated.
- Jnana Yoga is self-inquiry through studying sacred scripture and mediation.
- Bhakti Yoga harnesses power of emotion, cultivating love and devotion with ecstatic song and dance, known as Kirtan.
- Karma Yoga is conscious action performed with a meditative state of mind.
- Together, these aspects combine to create an integrated approach to Yoga, tailored for modern times.
- Key scriptures for the course are: Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Gheranda Samhita, Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and Bhagavad Gita.
This training is suitable for practitioners who have prior experience in Hatha Yoga. Above all, a stable mind and a courageous heart are essential for all Sadhakas embarking on the journey of Sadhana.
Every individual must find their own path and walk it. This is your Dharma.
Investment: NZD $2200
There is space for 18 Sadhakas.
Early bird discounts and scholarships are available for a limited time.
Apply via www.yinculture.com