Beginner to advanced yogis and musicians are all welcome. No prior experience is necessary.
Treat yourself with a weekend retreat full of music, mantra, sound healing workshops, hatha yoga, relaxation and delicious vegetarian food in the beautiful Golden Bay.
Experience the ancient healing properties of Nada Yoga – the yoga of sound. Shift emotional blockages, open your heart and clear your mind with ‘kirtan’ an active sound meditation practice. Tap into your creative expression by experiencing the uplifting yoga practice of singing transformative mantras. Develop a vision for your life & come away with the tools needed to hold and manifest that vision.
Join our special guest Prosad alongside Swami Karma Karuna for a journey into the yoga of sound. Soothe the soul and heal your body through the sound healing, mantra workshops featured throughout the weekend. Experience Yoga Nidra deep relaxation, Hatha Yoga sound journey and Kirtan (chanting with instruments).
- This event has passed.
The Yoga of Sound Retreat – Tools to Transform Your Life with Mantra, Music and Sound
Friday 13 March, 2020 - Sunday 15 March, 2020
The Retreat Programme Includes
2 nights, shared accommodation (unless camping), all meals and the full retreat programme.
Click here for a sample retreat schedule.
- Sound healing
- The science & spirituality of sound
- Introduction to Sanskrit & Mantras
- Delve into the ancient yogic texts and stories from spiritual traditions to understand manifestation.
- Guided Sound Meditations
- Create a vision to transform your life
- Hatha Yoga Sound Classes
- Yoga Nidra Deep Relaxation
- Havan Fire Ceremony
- Akhanda Kirtan night – continuous chanting of mantras using rhythm and expression as an active group meditation. May lead to uncontrollable joy and dancing!
Start Time: from 10am Friday 13th March – arrival/registration
Finish Time: 11am Sunday 15th March
Complimentary pick up: 5.45pm Thursday 12th March Golden Bay Visitor Centre, where the Golden Bay Coachlines bus will drop you off if traveling to Takaka from Nelson. Stay with us this extra night prior the retreat for $75.
Complimentary drop off: 11am Sunday 15th March back to Golden Bay Visitor Centre, where the Golden Bay Coachlines bus will pick you up from if traveling from Takaka to Nelson.
- Special Dietary Requirements: All meals provided are vegetarian. Vegan, Dairy Free & Gluten Free can be provided for an additional NZD $15. Please advise us at the time of booking.
- Private Sessions: Private yoga and Therapeutic Consultations & Bodywork are available by appointment. Click here to find out more.
- Private rooms: Limited options are available on request, subject to availability.
- Camping: Tent hire is available for an additional cost of NZD $30. If interested in hiring a tent, please enquire with us at the time of booking as we have a limited amount available.
- Extra night’s stay: There is the option to stay an extra night for $75
For more information or to request any extras, please email us.
A reminder to percussionists attending to remember to bring your instruments along with you.
Prosad has spent the last seventeen years studying traditional sitar and raga music with various masters, including Alam Khan, son of the legendary sarode maestro, Ali Akbar Khan Sahib. He has also spent the last twenty two years studying mantra meditation, Vedic teachings for the modern world and learning the music of the inner spheres with Himalayan Master, Tulshi Sen.
Mystics and physicists will both tell us that the world is made of sound and vibration. By concentrating our attention on specific musical tones, ancient ragas and Sanskrit mantras (vibrational sounds or words of power) we can “tune” our bodies and minds to bring ourselves into harmony with the cycles of nature and the greater Universe. Being in tune in this way helps us awaken to our highest purpose, deepest happiness and ultimately our full power as divine, creative beings. Through ancient ragas, vedic mantras and special tonal frequencies, Prosad helps to facilitate this inward journey of the soul. Through meditation we access higher states of conscious and touch the supreme and natural state of our being, known in Sanskrit as “sat, chit, ananda”, or truth, pure being-ness and bliss.
Learn more about Prosad here
Swami Karma Karuna, founding member and director of Anahata Yoga Retreat, NZ, is an engaging, intuitive yoga teacher with more than 25 years of training and experience. She specialises in therapeutic applications of yoga, yoga nidra relaxation and pranic practices and shares in a simple and practical way, inspiring people to access and apply yogic practices in their own lives.
The Yoga of Sound Retreat - Tools to Transform Your Life with Mantra, Music and Sound
Explore Other Retreats & Events
Sunday 27 December, 2020 @ 8:00 am - Friday 01 December, 2023 @ 5:00 pm
With: Sannyasi Priyadhara
Friday 01 April, 2022 - Saturday 01 April, 2023