A yogic immersion into Yoga Nidra, Basic Breathing Methods & Restorative Yoga focused on relaxation techniques. Explore tools to systematically address the tensions in the body, mind and emotions to induce a deep state of relaxation.
Yoga Nidra, Basic Breathing Methods and Restorative Yoga are key practices to equip yoga aspirants with yogic skills and techniques for self support. These methods will assist in the release of deep muscular, mental and emotional tension, inducing calmness and clarity for a range of life and health situations.
In this retreat you will experience and learn about the practices of Yoga Nidra and Restorative Yoga with time for self-study and personal reflection or simply to enjoy a walk in our neighbouring Abel Tasman National Park.
Interested in our Yoga Nidra & Restorative Yoga Instructor Training – Professional Development Retreat?
Click here for more information.
- This event has passed.
Yoga Nidra & Restorative Yoga Immersion – 5 Day Retreat
Thursday 22 November, 2018 - Tuesday 27 November, 2018
The Retreat Programme Includes
5 nights, shared accommodation (unless camping), all meals and the full Retreat Programme.
- Restorative Hatha Yoga, breathing practices, Yoga Nidra, Meditation, Mantra Meditation for your own health
- Understanding the techniques of Yoga Nidra & Restorative Yoga from a practical and theoretical point of view
- Option for deep theory sessions including the science behind the techniques
- Immersion into the the yoga lifestyle, with plenty of time for reflection
- SWAN practice
- Other optional theory sessions
- Daily Yoga Nidra (deep relaxation)
- Basic Breathing Techniques including breath and the link with relaxation theory
- Karma Yoga (action with meditative awareness)
- Fire Ceremony (Havan) and Chanting (healing sound vibration)
Start Time: 10am Thursday, 22nd Nov – arrival/registration
Finish Time: 11am Tuesday, 27th Nov
Complimentary pick up: 5.45pm Wednesday, 21st Nov, Golden Bay Visitor Centre
Complimentary drop off: 11am Tuesday, 27th Nov, back to Golden Bay Visitor Centre
- Discounts: A discounted rate of NZ$75 applies for the night before the retreat begins (21st November).
- Special Dietary Requirements: All meals provided are vegetarian. Vegan, Dairy Free & Gluten Free can be provided for an additional NZ$15. Please advise us at time of booking.
- Private Sessions: Private yoga and Therapeutic Consultations, Bodywork and Nutritional Guidance are available by appointment. Click here to find out more.
- Private rooms: Limited options are available on request, subject to availability.
- Camping: Tent hire is available for an additional cost of NZ$30. Add this to your booking at checkout.
For more information or to request any extras, please email us.
Sn Atmavidya honours the great wisdom traditions, sharing ancient practices of Yoga and Meditation that continue to help unfold the natural inherent goodness, wisdom, beauty, harmony, kindness and delight in our lives. She facilitates easeful discovery of the different ways that practices can be experienced, to liberate energy for well-being of body, mind and spirit. Atmavidya has depth of experience in the teaching of yoga and meditation in yoga centres, ashrams, retreats, primary, secondary schools, tertiary institutions, businesses, Not For Profit and rehabilitation organisations, mainly in New Zealand. Atmavidya has been a student of yoga and meditation for the last 27 years.
Swami Karma Karuna, founding member and director of Anahata Yoga Retreat, NZ, is an engaging, intuitive yoga teacher with more than 25 years of training and experience. She specialises in therapeutic applications of yoga, yoga nidra relaxation and pranic practices and shares in a simple and practical way, inspiring people to access and apply yogic practices in their own lives.
Yoga Nidra & Restorative Yoga Immersion - 5 Day Retreat
Explore Other Retreats & Events
Sunday 27 December, 2020 @ 8:00 am - Friday 01 December, 2023 @ 5:00 pm
With: Anahata Specialist Teachers
Saturday 30 October, 2021 - Saturday 29 October, 2022