- This event has passed.
Yoga Nidra and Restorative Yoga ONLINE Immersion
Thursday 03 August, 2023 @ 11:30 am - Monday 07 August, 2023 @ 1:00 pm
Discover the power of relaxation and restoration from your own home over this 4-day online immersion focusing on the practices of Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra.
Yoga Nidra is a profound, yet simple, practice that encourages the mind to let go of the external world and turn inwards, giving the senses a deep rest from the activities of contemporary society. The mind is gradually trained to connect into tranquility effortlessly. Ultimately the practice works on the mind to release impressions from the past and anxieties about the future. It helps us to retrain the nervous system and create new neural pathways that support the relaxation response and build resilience. Yoga Nidra is a powerful tool to enable the parasympathetic nervous system and enhance deep sleep, thus supporting health and well-being at many levels
Restorative Yoga has been shown to support the dismantling of chronic tension patterns, enhanced immune function and effective cellular respiration. It has also proven to reduce hypertension and mental and emotional stress to facilitate more homeostasis in the body-mind structure, returning it to a natural state of ease and equilibrium.
11.30AM – 12.45PM // YOGA NIDRA THEORY
1.00PM-1.30PM // YOGA NIDRA
3.30PM – 4.30PM // THEORY
4.30PM – 6.00PM // RESTORATIVE YOGA CLASS
- Saturday 4.30-6.00PM session will be a live havan and kirtan
- Sunday finishes with 12-1.30PM Restorative Yoga & Yoga Nidra session
Zoom link emailed upon payment
YOU WILL NEED:
- A quiet and suitably private space to join the calls
- Good wifi or internet connection
- Yoga Mat
- Props (blanket, bolster, blocks)
- Gives the senses a deep rest from the activities of contemporary society
- Trains the mind to connect into tranquility effortlessly
- Releases impressions from the past and anxieties about the future
- Effective management in the management of stress, anxiety, insomnia & depression
Swami Karma Karuna, founding member and director of Anahata Yoga Retreat, NZ, is an engaging, intuitive yoga teacher with more than 25 years of training and experience. She specialises in therapeutic applications of yoga, yoga nidra relaxation and pranic practices and shares in a simple and practical way, inspiring people to access and apply yogic practices in their own lives.