Explore your health, relationships, energy states, mind and emotions in this transformational retreat delving into your energy centres. Suitable for all levels.
Embark on a journey through the chakras, the subtle energy centres within your body, which influence every aspect of your life from your daily experiences to the spiritual realm. They are a framework to understand your physical health and challenges, energy levels, mental well-being, emotional states and more subtle layers of existence. The flow or block within your chakras determine many aspects of your life.
During this transformational retreat, enjoy yogic techniques such as asana, pranayama, mudra, bandha, yoga nidra, meditation, yantra, mantra, fire ceremony and kirtan practice to transform, stimulate and cleanse the subtle energy centres.
Explore the traditional symbology, glands, physical components, psychology, mantras, animal representations, states of health or blockage and more about each chakra. Learn about how the chakras influence your relationship with yourself and others. Gain tools to improve your health, awaken creative abilities, enhance your strengths and overcome challenges. Get to know your ‘self’ more deeply and learn the ancient ways to expand and liberate yourself in the context of the modern world.
And if you want to find out more about each Chakra, you can read our Beginners Guide to your Energy Centres Blog
Yoga & Your Chakras
Wednesday 17 March, 2021 - Sunday 21 March, 2021
The Retreat Programme Includes
4 nights, shared accommodation (unless camping), all meals and the full retreat programme.
• Hatha yoga classes focused on the Chakras
• Group discussions
• Guided chakra meditations
• Daily Yoga Nidra (deep relaxation)
• Karma Yoga (action with meditative awareness)
• Mantra and Yantra Practice
• Fire Ceremony (Havan) and Chanting (healing sound vibration)
Standard Price: NZD $750
Camping Price: NZD $710
*Prices include Shared Accommodation (unless Camping), all meals and the full Retreat Programme.
Early Bird Price: – a 10% discount if full payment made by 17th February 2021.
Complimentary pick up: Wednesday 17th March 6:10pm Golden Bay Visitor Centre, where the Golden Bay Coachlines bus will drop you off if travelling to Takaka from Nelson.
Complimentary drop off: Sunday 21st March 12:45pm back to Golden Bay Visitor Centre, where the Golden Bay Coachlines bus will pick you up from if travelling from Takaka to Nelson.
To view scheduled flights from Wellington to Golden Bay, visit the Golden Bay Air website here.
- Special Dietary Requirements: All meals provided are vegetarian. Vegan, Dairy-Free & Gluten Free can be provided for an additional NZD $10 per week.
- Private Sessions: Private sessions with Swami Karma Karuna are available by appointment. Click here to find out more.
- Massage: Massage sessions are available by appointment.
- Sauna: Our new sauna is now available for use!
- Private rooms: Limited options are available on request, subject to availability.
- Camping: Tent hire is available for an additional cost of NZD $30. If interested in hiring a tent, please enquire with us at the time of booking as we have a limited amount available.
To book now and to request any extras, please email us.
Swami Karma Karuna is a founding member and director of Anahata Yoga Retreat, New Zealand. She is an engaging, intuitive yoga and meditation teacher, international speaker and writer with more than 25 years of training and experience in a range or areas. She brings real life experience, years of building knowledge, humility, humour and compassion together to inspire students and share the transformative journey of teaching yoga and growth on the spiritual path.
Swami Karma Karuna is a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider (YACEP), a IAYT Yoga Therapist, a Senior Teacher of Yoga Australia and New Zealand as well as a Swami of the Bihar Yoga lineage. Her wide range of teaching includes yoga teacher trainings, Continuing Education courses for various organizations, international events and spiritual sadhana retreats around the world.
Yoga & Your Chakras
Explore Other Retreats & Events
Saturday 17 August, 2019 - Saturday 09 October, 2021
Thursday 09 July, 2020 - Sunday 30 January, 2022