Explore your health, relationships, energy states, mind and emotions in this transformational retreat delving into your energy centres. Suitable for all levels.
Embark on a journey through the chakras, the subtle energy centres within your body, which influence every aspect of your life from your daily experiences to the spiritual realm. They are a framework to understand your physical health and challenges, energy levels, mental well-being, emotional states and more subtle layers of existence. The flow or block within your chakras determine many aspects of your life.
During this transformational retreat, enjoy yogic techniques such as asana, pranayama, mudra, bandha, yoga nidra, meditation, yantra, mantra, fire ceremony and kirtan practice to transform, stimulate and cleanse the subtle energy centres.
Each day will be devoted to a different chakra, exploring the traditional symbology, the glands and physical components, psychology of the chakras and more. Learn about how the chakras influences your relationship with yourself and others. Gain tools to improve your health, awaken creative abilities, enhance your strengths and overcome challenges. Get to know your ‘self’ more deeply and learn the ancient ways to expand and liberate yourself in the context of the modern world.
- This event has passed.
Exploring the Chakras
Friday 05 May, 2023 - Friday 12 May, 2023
The Retreat Programme Includes
6 nights, shared accommodation (unless camping), all meals and the full retreat programme.
• Hatha yoga classes focused on the Chakras
• Group discussions
• Guided chakra meditations
• Daily Yoga Nidra (deep relaxation)
• Karma Yoga (action with meditative awareness)
• Mantra and Yantra Practice
• Fire Ceremony (Havan) and Chanting (healing sound vibration)
Start Time: from PM Friday 5th May – arrival/registration
Finish Time: AM Friday 12th May 2023 – closing and ride back to Takaka
Complimentary pick up: Friday 5th May 3:00pm Golden Bay Visitor Centre
Complimentary drop off: Friday 12th May 8:45am back to Golden Bay Visitor Centre (to align with Golden Bay Coaches timetable)
- Special Dietary Requirements: All meals provided are vegetarian. Vegan, Dairy Free & Gluten Free can be provided for an additional NZ$15. Please advise us at time of booking.
- Private Sessions: Private yoga and Therapeutic Consultations and Bodywork are available by appointment. Click here to find out more.
- Private rooms: Limited options are available on request, subject to availability and additional fees.
- Camping: Tent hire is available for an additional cost of NZ$30. Add this to your booking at checkout.
If you are unable to make this retreat in-person, there is the option to participate in selected sessions ONLINE.
For more information or to request any extras, please email us.
Swami Karma Karuna, founding member and director of Anahata Yoga Retreat, NZ, is an engaging, intuitive yoga teacher with more than 25 years of training and experience. She specialises in therapeutic applications of yoga, yoga nidra relaxation and pranic practices and shares in a simple and practical way, inspiring people to access and apply yogic practices in their own lives.
Exploring the Chakras
Explore Other Retreats & Events
Koha/Donation Online Yoga Classes
Sunday 27 December, 2020 @ 8:00 am - Friday 01 December, 2023 @ 5:00 pm
Developing Resilience Online Course
With: Swami Karma Karuna
Friday 01 July, 2022 - Monday 01 July, 2024
Havan (Sacred Fire Ceremony) – Every Saturday
With: Anahata Specialist Teachers
Saturday 12 November, 2022 - Saturday 11 November, 2023