This 9 day meditation retreat with international meditation teacher, Swami Anandakumar, provides an opportunity to travel to your own centre, to find the stillness within and discover that your own inner nature is unchanging.
The retreat offers the unique opportunity to explore tools that will help you to truly find peace, happiness, clarity and perspective on the whole of life.
This retreat offers a unique chance for you to go into a space of silence to begin or deepen your meditation practice depending on your previous experience. Held with long periods of silence over 9 days, it will help you to let your mind rest and enjoy a different, deeper kind of reflection and relaxation that will leave you wiser, and more ready for the challenges of life.
Renowned meditation teacher, Swami Anandakumar, takes a fresh and direct approach to meditation which is effective for both the beginner and advanced practitioner. The combination of ancient yoga techniques with well-timed, intuitive guidance, aimed at the modern mind, helps each person to find their way to deeper levels of awareness through access to their own intuitive experience.
These meditation practices will be balanced with Hatha Yoga, Yoga Nidra, Karma Yoga, Kirtan and Havan (fire ceremony) to actively encourage a self-explorative approach to meditation and provide a gentle way to balance the mind and realign the awareness toward your own inner nature.
With more than 35 years experience Sw. Anandakumar helps to bring harmony to meditation practice, outlining a working ‘road map’ in order to harmonise any conflict with the body-mind and find your way forward. This allows your meditation practice to come from a place of inspiration rather than a feeling of obligation, which is uplifting even as you begin to face up to yourself. It’s a jumping off point for a deeper self-discovery.
The focus of this inspiring retreat is on Awareness in Meditation. And it will help to answer some essential questions.
- What is meditation?
- What is its purpose?
- How do we practise it properly?
- How do we maintain our meditation practice
- What are the benefits that meditation can accrue for us in daily life?
This course is suitable:
• For all sincere students, seekers, and spiritual adventurers.
• To develop and extend your regular meditation practice of finding the answers within the self.
• Each meditation experience is unique with the potential to go deeper each time.
Power of Awareness Silent Meditation Retreat
Friday 15 March, 2019 - Sunday 24 March, 2019
The Retreat Programme Includes
9 nights, shared accommodation (unless camping), all meals and the full retreat programme.
- Hatha Yoga classes
- Guided Meditation
- Daily Chanting
- Kirtan (singing mantras to music)
- Daily Yoga Nidra (deep relaxation)
- Karma Yoga (action with meditative awareness
- Fire Ceremony (Havan) and Chanting (healing sound vibration)
- Periods of silence for reflection
Start Time: 10am onwards Friday 15th March – arrival/registration
Finish Time: 11am Sunday 24th March
Complimentary pick up: 5.45pm Thursday 14th March from Golden Bay Visitor Centre
Complimentary drop off: 11am Sunday 24th March back to Golden Bay Visitor Centre
- Discounts: A discounted rate of NZ$75 applies for the night before the retreat begins (14th March).
- Special Dietary Requirements: All meals provided are vegetarian. Vegan, Dairy Free & Gluten Free can be provided for an additional NZ$15 Please advise us at time of booking.
- Private Sessions: Private yoga and Therapeutic Consultations, Bodywork and Nutritional Guidance are available by appointment. Click here to find out more.
- Private rooms: Limited options are available on request, subject to availability.
- Camping: Tent hire is available for an additional cost of NZ$30. Add this to your booking at checkout.
For more information or to request any extras, please email us.
Swami Karma Karuna, founding member and director of Anahata Yoga Retreat, NZ, is an engaging, intuitive yoga teacher with more than 25 years of training and experience. She specialises in therapeutic applications of yoga, yoga nidra relaxation and pranic practices and shares in a simple and practical way, inspiring people to access and apply yogic practices in their own lives.
Power of Awareness Silent Meditation Retreat
Explore Other Retreats & Events
Wednesday 05 September, 2018 - Wednesday 02 January, 2019
Saturday 08 September, 2018 - Saturday 09 March, 2019