Join the community at Anahata Yoga Retreat during this 16 day immersion, into a practical and experiential Permaculture journey woven into a daily rhythm of yogic lifestyle and practice. This course will not provide you with a Permaculture Certificate, as our previous Permaculture Design Course was cancelled. We’ve instead chosen to offer this experiential opportunity to those who are still interested, please note that Robina McCurdy & Guenther Andraschko will not be teaching on this course.
‘Permaculture’ is a design system based on ecological principles. Its focus is on consciously designed landscapes that mimic the patterns and relationships found in nature.
There will be an opportunity to explore the twelve permaculture principles in an interactive way with different on-site projects and learning in an involved, hands-on way. There will be theory sessions to support and consolidate this active learning.
Permaculture relies on three core values: Earth care, people care and fair share. It is an abundant, ethical and practical method of developing the external ecosystem. Yoga is the inner ecology of living consciously, spiritually, and harmoniously in the world. Both concepts complement each other and blend together to develop a sustainable lifestyle within one’s inner self and the outer environment. Yoga, deep relaxation and meditation sessions will be woven into the daily schedule adding depth to the experience and offering yogic tools to take back out into your daily life.
Anahata Yoga Retreat is located in a spectacular natural environment, near the Abel Tasman National Park in Golden Bay. Anahata runs on solar power, has three different examples of straw bale and earth buildings, an extensive natural wastewater system, organic gardens, fruit trees and bees.
As a work in progress, all who come, have an opportunity to contribute to the continuing development of this sacred space, whilst learning valuable life skills for the health and wellbeing of individuals, communities and society as a whole.
The Retreat Programme Includes
16 nights, including all shared accommodation and meals.
The Permaculture Experiential Programme covers:
- Permaculture ethics and principles
- Mapping and design
- Soil ecology
- Food forest and kitchen gardens
- View a working greywater system
- View alternative energy and natural building sites
- Plant propagation
- Composting and vermicomposting (worm farms)
- Orchard maintenance, pruning and mulching
- Tour to neighbouring permaculture properties
The Yoga Programme includes:
- Hatha Yoga
- Mantra Meditation
- Yoga Nidra- deep relaxation for inner sustainability
- Guided meditation
- Kirtan (singing mantras to music)
- Havan (ancient Vedic Fire Ceremony to honour the elements)
- Times of silence
- Navaratri *
Navaratri is a period of nine days and occurs in spring and autumn when the astrological conjunctions are deemed to be the most auspicious for spiritual practice. It also involves connecting at a subtle level to different forms of mother nature through sound vibration. We will have a light Navaratri programme running during part of the Permaculture retreat.
Full details of the 16 day schedule TBC – email us for info
Start Time: 9am Saturday, 28th Sept – arrival/registration
Finish Time: 11am Sunday, 13th Oct
Complimentary pick up: Friday 27th Sept 6:10pm at the Golden Bay Visitor Centre, where the Golden Bay Coachlines bus will drop you off if traveling to Takaka from Nelson.
Complimentary drop off: Sunday 13th October 11am back to the Golden Bay Visitor Centre, where the Golden Bay Coachlines bus will pick you up from if traveling from Takaka to Nelson.
Standard Price – NZD $1495
Camping Price – NZD $1385
*16 nights, shared accommodation, all meals and the opportunity to attend daily sessions.
- Special Dietary Requirements: All meals provided are vegetarian. Vegan, Dairy Free & Gluten Free can be provided for an additional NZD $25. Add this to your booking at checkout.
- Private Sessions: Private yoga and Therapeutic Consultations, Bodywork and Nutritional Guidance are available by appointment. Click here to find out more.
- Private Rooms: Limited options are available on request, subject to availability.
- Camping: Tent hire is available for an additional cost of NZD $30. If interested in hiring a tent, please enquire with us at the time of booking as we have a limited amount available.
Anahata Teachers – we have an ever-changing group of visiting and resident teachers at Anahata. All are well trained and knowledgeable in their field, and they will lead you through this retreat in a respectful and gentle manner, inspiring you to go deeper and explore what you find.
- This event has passed.
Experience Permaculture & Yoga
Saturday 28 September, 2019 - Sunday 13 October, 2019
Experience Permaculture & Yoga
Explore Other Retreats & Events
Sunday 27 December, 2020 @ 8:00 am - Friday 01 December, 2023 @ 5:00 pm
With: Sannyasi Priyadhara
Friday 01 April, 2022 - Saturday 01 April, 2023