Gather together with like-minded people to bring in this new year with positivity, plant seeds to carry forward into the New Year and nourish yourself with practical tools of Hatha Yoga, Yin Yoga, Relaxation, Meditation and Mantra Yoga
Welcome the New Year in an inspiring community environment with traditional yogic practices that will raise your vibration, strengthen the immune system and allow you to reconnect to yourself and others. Discover your heartfelt desires, learn how to manifest them and create a positive direction for your life in 2022. Enjoy space to relax and honour the sacred in a stunning nature sanctuary.
The Retreat Programme Includes
4 nights, shared accommodation (unless camping), all meals and the full retreat programme.
- Hatha and Yin Yoga classes
- Guided Meditations
- Yoga Nidra (deep relaxation)
- Group Discussions
- Practical tools to support immunity, resilience and balance
- Exploring Sankalpa- Planting seeds for positive transformation
- Sound Journey
- Time for reflection and connection
- Bring in the New Year with Kirtan (chanting mantras to music) and Fire Ceremony (Havan)
New Year’s Yoga Gathering
Wednesday 29 December, 2021 - Sunday 02 January, 2022
We have limited spaces so pre-registration is essential to ensure your spot. To book now, please email us.
Start Time: Wednesday 29th December evening (Bus pick up and Dinner) or arrival from 5pm
Finish Time: Sunday 2nd, 12pm drop off after Brunch
Complimentary pick up: 29th Dec 6:10pm Golden Bay Visitor Centre, where the Golden Bay Coachlines bus will drop you off if traveling to Takaka from Nelson.
Complimentary drop off:Sunday, 2nd Jan 12pm back to Golden Bay Visitor Centre, where the Golden Bay Coachlines bus will pick you up from if traveling from Takaka to Nelson.
4 nights accommodation, transport to/from Takaka to retreat, meals and practices all-inclusive
Standard Price: NZD $645
Camping Price: NZD $605
- Special Dietary Requirements: All meals provided are vegetarian. Vegan, Dairy Free & Gluten Free can be provided for an additional NZD $15. Add this to your booking at checkout.
- Private Sessions: Private yoga and Therapeutic Consultations, Bodywork and are available by appointment.
- NO Private rooms
- Camping: Tent hire is available for an additional cost of NZD $30. If interested in hiring a tent, please enquire with us at the time of booking as we have a limited amount available.
Swami Karma Karuna is a highly experienced yoga and meditation teacher, inspirational speaker, writer and IAYT Certified Yoga Therapist with 30 years of experience. Karuna specializes in a range or areas including restorative and therapeutic practices, breathing techniques, yoga psychology and women’s health. She is also a co-founder and director of Anahata Yoga Retreat, New Zealand and leads workshops, trains yoga teachers and health professionals, presents at international events and offers therapeutic one-to-one yoga sessions in person or online.
Yin Culture. The mission of Yin Culture is to be a harmonizing force in the world. Many Souls are finding it difficult to maintain their centre in this time of rapid change. Many yearn to return to the harmony of nature. It is these Souls for which Yin Culture is medicine. Yin Culture is based on Taoist and Tantric philosophy applied to modern culture. The practices draw from two sources: The modern practice of Yin Yoga, as taught by Paul Grilley and Sarah Powers. The ancient practices of Pranayama, and Meditation from Tantric Hatha Yoga.
New Year’s Yoga Gathering
Explore Other Gatherings
Thursday 09 July, 2020 - Sunday 30 January, 2022