In the same way that a room collects dust and clutter and needs regular cleaning, the body and mind can collect toxins or blocks that create imbalance or sluggishness in our systems, eventually leading to ill health. A regular inner clean up and the development of positive lifestyle habits are key to maintaining health and wellbeing at all levels.
In this retreat learn Hatha Yoga, traditional detox cleansing practices, and mindfulness and mantra meditations to activate and purify the body and mind. Also, gain modern nutritional tools to support healthy eating, strong digestive powers and balanced body systems and mental states.
- Hatha Yoga to activate all the body systems
- Talks on Wholesome Food, Yogic diet, Green Juices, Fermented Foods
- Heating and cleansing breathing exercises
- Detox Cleansing Practices
- Mindfulness Meditation to let go of the old patterns
- Ana Yoga – conscious and nutritious cooking and eating
To learn more, read our Yoga & Purification Blog, or Blog
Hatha Yoga Detox & Nutrition Retreat
Thursday 07 November, 2019 - Sunday 10 November, 2019
The Retreat Programme Includes
3 nights shared Accommodation (unless camping), all meals and the full Retreat Programme.
- Hatha yoga classes
- Small group discussions
- Guided meditation
- Daily chanting
- Kirtan (singing mantras to music)
- Daily Yoga Nidra (deep relaxation)
- Karma Yoga (action with meditative awareness)
- Fire Ceremony (Havan) and Chanting (healing sound vibration)
Start Time: 10am Thursday 7th Nov – arrival/registration
Finish Time: 11am Sunday 10th Nov
Complimentary pick up: Wednesday 6th Nov 6:10pm Golden Bay Visitor Centre, where the Golden Bay Coachlines bus will drop you off if traveling to Takaka from Nelson.
Complimentary drop off: Sunday 10th Nov 11am back to Golden Bay Visitor Centre, where the Golden Bay Coachlines bus will pick you up from if traveling from Takaka to Nelson.
- Special Dietary Requirements: All meals provided are vegetarian. Vegan, Dairy Free & Gluten Free can be provided for an additional NZ$15. Please advise us at time of booking.
- Private Sessions: Private yoga and Therapeutic Consultations, Bodywork and Nutritional Guidance are available by appointment. Click here to find out more.
- Private rooms: Limited options are available on request, subject to availability.
- Camping: Tent hire is available for an additional cost of NZ$30. Add this to your booking at checkout.
For more information or to request any extras, please email us.
A discounted rate of $75 applies for the night before the retreat begins (6th Nov).
Sannyasin Atmabhava came to yoga for the health benefits and the practical and scientific methods immediately made a strong impression on him. He spent 10 years living the yogic lifestyle and teaching yoga, meditation and chanting at Anahata Yoga Retreat. Now back in NZ, Chris works therapeutically in Rimutaka prison and mental health sectors and continues to share on a variety different topics in workshops and weekend retreats around New Zealand.
Sannyasi Priyadhara first came to yoga in her youth and was eventually drawn to the teachings of the Satyananda-Bihar tradition at Anahata Yoga Retreat. A yearning to deepen her experience and understanding of yoga led her to live and receive training under the guidance of Swami Niranjanananda Saraswati at the Bihar School of Yoga in India for a period of her life. The opportunity to imbibe yoga not only as an integral science but as a way of life & culture was a life-changing experience which today inspires Priyadhara to work with people of all ages and walks of life who seek to connect with positivity, find balance in life and express true potential from within.
Hatha Yoga Detox & Nutrition Retreat
Explore Other Retreats & Events
Wednesday 14 August, 2019 - Wednesday 15 July, 2020
Saturday 17 August, 2019 - Saturday 18 July, 2020