“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom”
Begin your yogic journey and become immersed in the beauty and simplicity of a yogic lifestyle on our signature retreat.
Use it as a stepping stone to our 4 week Yogic Life Skills Extended Retreat.
Give yourself the space and time to learn more about yourself in this holistic and practical introduction into the Yogic Lifestyle. Experience bringing together different yoga and meditation practices for an enhanced level of understanding. Receive a broad range of tools to take away with you in order to start supporting yourself through the hustle and bustle of life.
This is an opportunity for self-discovery and development in a supportive environment surrounded by some of the most stunning nature NZ has to offer. No previous yoga experience necessary – everybody is welcome!
The Explore Your ‘Self’ retreats are also an easy-entry point for our longer, 4 week Yogic Life Skills Extended Retreat. For more details about both retreats, read our Explore Your Self Blog or Yogic Life Skills Blog . Learn to live a more conscious life while increasing your knowledge and participation in a yogic lifestyle.
These Explore Your Self retreats are available most months throughout the year so check our calendar for more info.
The Retreat Programme Includes
6 nights, shared accommodation (unless camping) with vegetarian meals and full retreat programme.
- Hatha Yoga classes
- Small Group Discussions
- Guided Meditation
- Daily Chanting
- Kirtan (singing mantras to music)
- Daily Yoga Nidra (deep relaxation)
- Karma Yoga (action with meditative awareness
- Fire Ceremony (Havan) and Chanting (healing sound vibration)
- This event has passed.
Explore Your ‘Self’ Yoga Retreat
Monday 05 November, 2018 - Sunday 11 November, 2018
Start Time: 5pm onwards Monday – arrival/registration
Finish Time: 11am Sunday
Complimentary pick up: Monday 5th Nov 5.45pm from Golden Bay Visitor Centre
Complimentary drop off: Sunday 11th Nov 11am back to Golden Bay Visitor Centre
- Special Dietary Requirements: All meals provided are vegetarian. Vegan, Dairy Free & Gluten Free can be provided for an additional NZ$15. Please advise us at time of booking.
- Private Sessions: Private yoga and Therapeutic Consultations, Bodywork and Nutritional Guidance are available by appointment. Click here to find out more.
- Private rooms: Limited options are available on request, subject to availability.
- Camping: Tent hire is available for an additional cost of NZ$30. Add this to your booking at checkout.
For more information or to request any extras, please email us.
With experience in Hatha Yoga and traditional yogic cleansing techniques, Swami Gurubhakta brings 20 years of experience with him to Anahata. Having trained for his Diploma in Australia, he has spent most of his time throughout the years serving in ashrams between Australia and India, sharing his knowledge of traditional Yoga teachings and practices. He more recently focuses on Pranayama, Meditation and Yoga Nidra with experience in working in disability support. Member of SYTA.
Explore Your 'Self' Yoga Retreat
Explore Other Retreats & Events
Sunday 27 December, 2020 @ 8:00 am - Friday 01 December, 2023 @ 5:00 pm
With: Swami Karma Karuna
Friday 01 July, 2022 - Monday 01 July, 2024