Our shared accommodation option is SOLD OUT. Camping options are still available. Give us a ring: 03 5259887 to book now!
Prepare the foundation and plant a seed for the New Year with practical tools of Yoga and Meditation. Invite positive change into your life learning how to progressively nurture your resolutions to grow, flower and bear fruit.
Welcome the New Year in an inspiring yoga environment to relax, reflect and reconnect with yourself and nature. Discover your innate resolutions inviting positive change and direction into your life.
Anahata Yoga Retreat provides a supportive yogic environment allowing you the opportunity for clarity, transformation and identifying with the deeper aspects of your personality. Set your New Year’s positive resolution into motion utilizing SWAN theory (exploring strengths, weaknesses, aims and needs) and use powerful yogic techniques such as sankalpa (intentions), Havan (ancient fire ceremony), yoga classes, meditation and deep relaxation practices to create practical change, affirmation and direction within your life.
If you are interested in attending the New Year Celebrations only – visit our New Year’s Eve Celebration event page.
And check out our Moving into the Holiday Season with Mindfulness Blog to learn more about how you can support yourself during an often busy & stressful time of year and mindfully engage with the holidays. Or read our New Year’s Eve Celebration Blog – A personal experience by Katyayani Heeramaneck.
- This event has passed.
Creating Change New Year Retreat
Sunday 29 December, 2019 - Thursday 02 January, 2020
The Retreat Programme Includes
4 nights, shared accommodation (unless camping), all meals and the full retreat programme.
- Daily Hatha Yoga classes
- Guided Sitting & Walking Meditations
- Small Group Discussions
- Practical tools to help understand your mind & personality
- Planting seeds for positive transformation
- Time for reflection and reconnection
- Daily Chanting (healing sound vibration)
- Kirtan (singing mantras to music)
- Daily Yoga Nidra (deep relaxation)
- Fire Ceremony (Havan) to connect to nature
- All New Years Celebrations
Start Time: from 5 pm Sunday – arrival/registration
Finish Time: 11am Thursday
Complimentary pick up: Sunday 29th Dec 6:10pm Golden Bay Visitor Centre, where the Golden Bay Coachlines bus will drop you off if traveling to Takaka from Nelson.
Complimentary drop off: Thursday 2nd Jan 11am back to Golden Bay Visitor Centre, where the Golden Bay Coachlines bus will pick you up from if traveling from Takaka to Nelson.
For those only staying overnight for the New Year’s Celebration, we’re running a complimentary pick up on 31st December 2pm at the Golden Bay Visitor Centre and a complimentary drop off on 1st January 11am at the Golden Bay Visitor Centre. Please note that if you wish to stay overnight, due to high popularity of the event, we’re only able to offer camping. This comes at an additional charge of $75 for either of the options above. This includes a delicious brunch and Hatha Yoga session the next day.
- Special Dietary Requirements: All meals provided are vegetarian. Vegan, Dairy Free & Gluten Free can be provided for an additional NZD $15. Add this to your booking at checkout.
- Private Sessions: Private yoga and Therapeutic Consultations, Bodywork and Nutritional Guidance are available by appointment. Click here to find out more.
- Private rooms: Limited options are available on request, subject to availability.
- Camping: Tent hire is available for an additional cost of NZD $30. If interested in hiring a tent, please enquire with us at the time of booking as we have a limited amount available.
For more information or to request any extras, please email us.
Swami Karma Karuna, founding member and director of Anahata Yoga Retreat, NZ, is an engaging, intuitive yoga teacher with more than 25 years of training and experience. She specialises in therapeutic applications of yoga, yoga nidra relaxation and pranic practices and shares in a simple and practical way, inspiring people to access and apply yogic practices in their own lives.
Creating Change New Year Retreat
Explore Other Retreats & Events
Wednesday 14 August, 2019 - Wednesday 15 July, 2020
Saturday 17 August, 2019 - Saturday 18 July, 2020