Prepare the foundation and plant a seed for the New Year with practical tools of Yoga and Meditation. Invite positive change into your life learning how to progressively nurture your resolutions to grow, flower and bear fruit.
Welcome the New Year in an inspiring yoga environment to relax, reflect and reconnect with yourself and nature. Discover your innate resolutions inviting positive change and direction into your life.
Anahata Yoga Retreat provides a supportive yogic environment allowing you the opportunity for clarity, transformation and identifying with the deeper aspects of your personality. Set your New Year’s positive resolution into motion utilizing SWAN theory (exploring strengths, weaknesses, aims and needs) and use powerful yogic techniques such as sankalpa (intentions), Havan (ancient fire ceremony), yoga classes, meditation and deep relaxation practices to create practical change, affirmation and direction within your life.
If you are interested in attending the New Year Celebrations only – visit our New Year’s Eve Celebration event page.
- This event has passed.
Creating Change New Year Retreat
Saturday 29 December, 2018 - Wednesday 02 January, 2019
The Retreat Programme Includes
4 nights, shared accommodation (unless camping), all meals and the full retreat programme.
- Daily Hatha Yoga classes
- Guided Sitting & Walking Meditations
- Small Group Discussions
- Practical tools to help understand your mind & personality
- Planting seeds for positive transformation
- Time for reflection and reconnection
- Daily Chanting (healing sound vibration)
- Kirtan (singing mantras to music)
- Daily Yoga Nidra (deep relaxation)
- Fire Ceremony (Havan) to connect to nature
Start Time: from 5 pm Saturday – arrival/registration
Finish Time: 11am Wednesday
Complimentary pick up: Saturday 29th Jan 5.45pm Golden Bay Visitor Centre
Complimentary drop off: Wednesday 2nd Jan 11am back to Golden Bay Visitor Centre
- Special Dietary Requirements: All meals provided are vegetarian. Vegan, Dairy Free & Gluten Free can be provided for an additional NZ$15. Please advise us at time of booking.
- Private Sessions: Private yoga and Therapeutic Consultations, Bodywork and Nutritional Guidance are available by appointment. Click here to find out more.
- Private rooms: Limited options are available on request, subject to availability.
- Camping: Tent hire is available for an additional cost of NZ$30. Add this to your booking at checkout.
For more information or to request any extras, please email us.
Swami Karma Karuna, founding member and director of Anahata Yoga Retreat, NZ, is an engaging, intuitive yoga teacher with more than 25 years of training and experience. She specialises in therapeutic applications of yoga, yoga nidra relaxation and pranic practices and shares in a simple and practical way, inspiring people to access and apply yogic practices in their own lives.
Creating Change New Year Retreat
Explore Other Retreats & Events
Koha/Donation Online Yoga Classes
Sunday 27 December, 2020 @ 8:00 am - Friday 01 December, 2023 @ 5:00 pm
Integral Yoga & Mindfulness Programme for PTSD
With: Sannyasi Priyadhara
Friday 01 April, 2022 - Saturday 01 April, 2023
Developing Resilience Online Course
With: Swami Karma Karuna
Friday 01 July, 2022 - Monday 01 July, 2024