The Yogic Life Skills retreat offers a 4 week easy-entry path in to a more conscious lifestyle. It begins with the 7 day Explore Your ‘Self’ Retreat, and continues with a residential 3 week stay of yogic lifestyle learning and experience.
Are you looking to immerse yourself in a healthier, more conscious environment while gaining valuable life skills?
Do you need opportunities for reflection, to connect with a simpler way of living and a break from the modern lifestyle?
Are you looking for self-development and growth?
Then this 4 week training program will help you immensely.
The first week is the 7 day Explore Your Self retreat, which offers an introduction to a yogic lifestyle. During this week you will experience bringing together different yoga and meditation practices for an enhanced level of understanding. Receive a broad range of tools to take away so you can start supporting yourself through the hustle and bustle of life.
The following 3 weeks of the Yogic Life Skills retreat take you a bit deeper, where you will cultivate these skills further.
During the retreat you will participate in our regular daily schedule of programs including:
- Hatha Yoga (4 days per week)
- Mantra Yoga (chanting)
- Yoga Nidra relaxation
- Karma Yoga (yoga of action and selfless service)
This extended retreat is an opportunity for self-discovery and development in a supportive environment, surrounded by some of the most stunning nature New Zealand has to offer.
No previous yoga experience is necessary – everybody is welcome!
The 4-week program offers:
- the Explore Your Self 7 day introductory retreat makes up the first week
- the following 3 weeks allow you to immerse yourself in an inspiring yogic lifestyle
- the chance to be part of a community living a life of simplicity, mindfulness and service to support the growth and well-being of all
- supported introduction to new areas of growth, responsibility and learning in a supported and accepting environment
- 3 healthy vegetarian meals per day, with brunch and dinner on Sundays
Mentorship and life skills development in areas such as:
- healthy cooking and kitchen management
- organic gardening and landscape design
- maintenance and eco building
- admin and office assistance
- caring for a small retreat centre
For more detail go to our Yogic Life Skills Training program
Start Time: from 5pm Monday – arrival/registration
Finish Time: 11am Sunday
Complimentary pick up: Monday 3rd Sept 5.45pm Golden Bay Visitor Centre
Complimentary drop off: Sunday 30th Sept 11am back to Golden Bay Visitor Centre – time tbc
Swami Karma Karuna, founding member and director of Anahata Yoga Retreat, NZ, is an engaging, intuitive yoga teacher with more than 25 years of training and experience. She specialises in therapeutic applications of yoga, yoga nidra relaxation and pranic practices and shares in a simple and practical way, inspiring people to access and apply yogic practices in their own lives.
- This event has passed.
Yogic Life Skills Extended Retreat – 4 weeks
Monday 03 September, 2018 - Sunday 30 September, 2018
The Retreat Programme Includes
- Hatha yoga classes
- Small group discussions
- Guided meditation
- Daily chanting
- Kirtan (singing mantras to music)
- Daily Yoga Nidra (deep relaxation)
- Karma Yoga (action with meditative awareness)
- Fire Ceremony (Havan) and Chanting (healing sound vibration)
27 nights, shared accommodation with meals and all retreat inclusions.
Private yoga and therapeutic consultations, bodywork and nutritional guidance are available by appointment – please email us for more information.
Limited private room options are available, to find out more, please email us directly
Yogic Life Skills Extended Retreat - 4 weeks
Explore Other Retreats & Events
Koha/Donation Online Yoga Classes
Sunday 27 December, 2020 @ 8:00 am - Friday 01 December, 2023 @ 5:00 pm
Developing Resilience Online Course
With: Swami Karma Karuna
Friday 01 July, 2022 - Monday 01 July, 2024
Havan (Sacred Fire Ceremony) – Every Saturday
With: Anahata Specialist Teachers
Saturday 12 November, 2022 - Saturday 11 November, 2023