Are you looking to immerse yourself in a healthier, more conscious environment while gaining valuable life skills?
Do you need opportunities for reflection, to connect with a simpler way of living and a break from the modern lifestyle?
Are you looking for self-development and growth?
Then this 4 week training program will help you immensely
This Yoga Life Skills Retreat offers a 4 week easy-entry path in to a more conscious lifestyle. It begins with the Explore Your ‘Self’ Retreat and continues with a 3 week residential stay of yogic lifestyle learning and experience.
The first week offers an introduction to a yogic lifestyle through the Explore Your ‘Self’ Retreat. During this week you will experience bringing together different yoga and meditation practices for an enhanced level of understanding. Receive a broad range of tools to take away so you can start supporting yourself through the hustle and bustle of life.
The following 3 weeks of the Yogic Life Skills Retreat take you a bit deeper, where you will cultivate these skills further.
During your stay you will participate in our regular daily schedule. This extended retreat is an opportunity for self-discovery and development in a supportive environment. Surrounded by some of the most stunning nature New Zealand has to offer.
No previous yoga experience is necessary – everybody is welcome!
For more details about both retreats, read our Explore Your Self Blog or Yogic Life Skills Blog . Learn to live a more conscious life while increasing your knowledge and participation in a yogic lifestyle.
- This event has passed.
Yogic Life Skills Programme – 4 weeks
Monday 10 June, 2019 - Sunday 07 July, 2019
The Retreat Programme Includes
27 nights, shared accommodation (unless camping) with vegetarian meals and full retreat programme.
The 4-week programme offers:
- The introductory Explore Your Self Retreat makes up the first week
- The following 3 weeks allow you to immerse yourself in an inspiring yogic lifestyle
- Being part of a community, living a life of simplicity, mindfulness and service to support the growth and well-being of all
- Supported introduction to new areas of growth, responsibility and learning in a supported and accepting environment
- 3 healthy vegetarian meals per day, with brunch and dinner on Sundays
Mentorship & life skills development in areas such as:
- Healthy cooking and kitchen management
- Organic gardening and landscape design
- Maintenance and eco building
- Admin and office assistance
- Caring for a small retreat centre
Regular weekly schedule including:
- Hatha yoga classes
- Small group discussions
- Guided meditation
- Daily chanting
- Kirtan (singing mantras to music)
- Daily Yoga Nidra (deep relaxation)
- Karma Yoga (action with meditative awareness)
- Fire Ceremony (Havan) and Chanting (healing sound vibration)
Start Time: 5pm onwards Monday – arrival/registration
Finish Time: 11am Sunday
Complimentary pick up: Monday 10th June 5.45pm Golden Bay Visitor Centre
Complimentary drop off: Sunday 7th July 11am back to Golden Bay Visitor Centre
- Special Dietary Requirements: All meals provided are vegetarian. Vegan, Dairy Free & Gluten Free can be provided for an additional NZ$10 per week. Please advise us at time of booking.
- Private Sessions: Private yoga and Therapeutic Consultations, Bodywork and Nutritional Guidance are available by appointment. Click here to find out more.
- Private rooms: Limited options are available on request, subject to availability.
- Camping: Tent hire is available for an additional cost of NZ$30. Add this to your booking at checkout.
For more information or to request any extras, please email us.
Amritananda is a dedicated student and teacher of yoga. She completed her first yoga teacher training in 2012 in New Zealand and has been enjoying learning, deepening and sharing traditional yoga practices since. She teaches with compassion, depth and humility. Her calm, focused, and concise teaching allows students to go deep within themselves and have their own unique experience. She is enthusiastic about inspiring everyone to wake up to our own true nature.
With experience in Hatha Yoga and traditional yogic cleansing techniques, Swami Gurubhakta brings 20 years of experience with him to Anahata. Having trained for his Diploma in Australia, he has spent most of his time throughout the years serving in ashrams between Australia and India, sharing his knowledge of traditional Yoga teachings and practices. He more recently focuses on Pranayama, Meditation and Yoga Nidra with experience in working in disability support. Member of SYTA.
Yogic Life Skills Programme - 4 weeks
Explore Other Retreats & Events
Monday 01 July, 2019 - Sunday 10 November, 2019
Monday 12 August, 2019 - Sunday 18 August, 2019