- This event has passed.
Yoga Nidra and Restorative Yoga Immersion
Wednesday 02 August, 2023 - Sunday 06 August, 2023
Come discover the power of relaxation and restoration over this 4-day immersion long weekend focusing on the practices of Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra.
Yoga Nidra is a profound, yet simple, practice that encourages the mind to let go of the external world and turn inwards, giving the senses a deep rest from the activities of contemporary society. The mind is gradually trained to connect into tranquility effortlessly. Ultimately the practice works on the mind to release impressions from the past and anxieties about the future. It helps us to retrain the nervous system and create new neural pathways that support the relaxation response and build resilience. Yoga Nidra is a powerful tool to enable the parasympathetic nervous system and enhance deep sleep, thus supporting health and well-being at many levels
Restorative Yoga has been shown to support the dismantling of chronic tension patterns, enhanced immune function and effective cellular respiration. It has also proven to reduce hypertension and mental and emotional stress to facilitate more homeostasis in the body-mind structure, returning it to a natural state of ease and equilibrium.
BOOKING: To book your place, complete this online form.
- Shared Accommodation
- Nourishing organic vegetarian food (dietary requirements accommodated)
- Yoga Nidra Relaxation Practice and Restorative Yoga
- Hatha Yoga, Mantra Meditation, optional Karma Yoga
- Group Discussions & Theory Sessions on the science, psychology and principles of the practices as well as sleep hygiene; daily life hacks to create calm; somatic (body oriented) techniques to manage trauma.
- Fire Ceremony (Havan) and Chanting (healing sound vibration)
- Opportunity for private sessions (bodywork, healing, 1:1)
- Relax in our Woodfired Sauna
- Enjoy the stunning natural environment
- Connect with likeminded people in the community
ARRIVE: 3pm-5:00pm Wed. 2nd / bus pick up 3:00pm iSite
DEPART: Sun 6th. after lunch / bus Mon 7th 8:00am iSite
Special Dietary Requirements: All meals provided are vegetarian. Vegan, Dairy Free & Gluten Free options available – please advise us at time of booking and of any allergies.
Private Sessions: Private yoga, Therapeutic Consultations and Bodywork are available by appointment. Click here to find out more.
Camping: Tent hire is available for an additional cost of NZ$30.
For more information or to request any extras, please email us at email@example.com
Swami Karma Karuna, founding member and director of Anahata Yoga Retreat, NZ, is an engaging, intuitive yoga teacher with more than 25 years of training and experience. She specialises in therapeutic applications of yoga, yoga nidra relaxation and pranic practices and shares in a simple and practical way, inspiring people to access and apply yogic practices in their own lives.