Yoga Nidra & Restorative Yoga Teacher Training
9-Day residential – including 3 months training package
A professional development course designed for yoga teachers, health and education professionals and or anybody interested in a yogic immersion focused on relaxation techniques. Explore tools to systematically address the tensions in the body, mind and emotions, inducing a deep state of relaxation.
Yoga Nidra & Restorative Yoga Teacher Training – 9 day Retreat
Thursday 04 April, 2019 - Sunday 14 April, 2019
Yoga Nidra, Basic Breathing Methods and Restorative Yoga are key practices to equip aspirants and practitioners with yogic skills and techniques for self-support, as well as for clients and/or students. The methods taught in the training will assist in the release of deep muscular, mental and emotional tension, inducing calmness and clarity for a range of life and health situations.
Yoga Nidra is a profound, yet simple, practice that leads to a state of being in which the mind lets go of the external world and turns inwards giving the senses a deep rest from the activities of contemporary society. The mind is gradually trained to connect into tranquility effortlessly. Yoga Nidra systematically releases tension experienced in the muscles, the breath, and the nervous system. Ultimately the practice works directly on the mind to release impressions from the past and anxieties about the future.
Basic Breathing Methods and Restorative Yoga
When we have the ability to alter the breath at will, we gain the ability to nourish and optimise the body and manage the mind and emotions. The benefits of Basic Breathing Methods and Restorative Yoga include the dismantling of chronic tension patterns, enhanced immune function, effective cellular respiration, reduced hypertension in the cardiovascular system, reduced mental and emotional tension, a body-mind returned to a natural state of ease and equilibrium.
Applications in professional life
Psychiatrists, psychotherapists, medical and health professionals and yoga teachers in a variety of settings including schools, offices, community centres, drug and alcohol rehabilitation, prisons and nursing homes are using these tools. They may be effective in the management of:
- Stress, Anxiety, Insomnia & Depression
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- High Blood Pressure and Heart Disease
- Respiratory conditions
- Neurological conditions and motor impairments
- Chronic fatigue and adrenal issues
- Digestive Issues
- Asthma and Diabetes
The Retreat Programme Includes
10 nights, shared accommodation (unless camping), all meals and the full retreat programme.
A 10 day Professional Development Residential Retreat which is followed by 3 months training package with course work including MP3 practice sessions undertaken at home.
This comprises a minimum of 2 months of personal practice combined with periods of instruction and theoretical study in both face-to-face and online learning environments.
Once the foundations of personal practice are set, teaching methodology, skills and teaching practice are introduced, working towards a final teaching assessment.
- Restorative Hatha Yoga, breathing practices, Yoga Nidra, Meditation, Mantra Meditation for your own health
- Understanding the techniques of Yoga Nidra & Restorative Yoga from a practical and theoretical point of view
- Option for deep theory sessions including the science behind the techniques
- Immersion into the the yoga lifestyle, with plenty of time for reflection
- SWAN practice
- Other optional theory sessions
- Daily Yoga Nidra (deep relaxation)
- Basic Breathing Techniques including breath and the link with relaxation theory
- Karma Yoga (action with meditative awareness)
- Fire Ceremony (Havan) and Chanting (healing sound vibration)
Mentoring and Internship Options: Once you have completed the residential training, you can choose to stay at Anahata for a residential internship to practice teach and receive guidance from senior teachers. Please enquire for more info.
5 day personal retreat – Experience relaxation practices with plenty of time for reflection and optional theory sessions as compared to an intensive training. This personal retreat includes Yoga Nidra, Basic Breathing Methods and Restorative Yoga. Please note, this does not give you a certificate and is not a training package – for personal practice only.
Start Time: 10am Thursday, 4th April– arrival/registration
Finish Time: 11am Sunday, 14th April
Complimentary pick up: 5.45pm Wednesday 3rd April Golden Bay Visitor Centre.
Complimentary drop off: 11am Sunday14th April back to Golden Bay Visitor Centre.
- Discounts: A discounted rate of NZ$75 applies for the night before the retreat begins (3rd April).
- Deposit: A deposit of NZ$500 (non-refundable) required to secure your place.
- Special Dietary Requirements: All meals provided are vegetarian. Vegan, Dairy Free & Gluten Free can be provided for an additional NZ$25. Please advise us at time of booking.
- Private Sessions: Private yoga and Therapeutic Consultations, Bodywork and Nutritional Guidance are available by appointment. Click here to find out more.
- Private rooms: Limited options are available on request, subject to availability.
- Camping: Tent hire is available for an additional cost of NZ$30. Add this to your booking at checkout.
For more information or to request any extras, please email us.
Director of Manipura Yoga Centre. Swami Yogamani Saraswati has been involved with the ancient art and science of Yoga and Meditation for over 37 Years. Her yogic journey began after a fall from a horse at a young age, leaving her with spinal damage. She has both studied and taught extensively here, in Australia and India. She continues to teach across all areas of life from the absolute beginner to the advanced practitioner.
Swami Yogamani is privileged to caretake the residency as Yoga and Meditation Teacher at the Stunning Seafarers Club in Auckland’s Britomart and has held teaching residencies over the years with The John Bolton Theatre School, Read Leap Theatre Company, Popup Globe, and PIPA The Pacific Institute Performing Arts along with other dance and Theatre companies, along with long term teaching at Auckland District Health Board to name a few. She is also an Ambassador for Yoga for Lululemon Britomart Auckland.
Swami Karma Karuna is a founding member and director of Anahata Yoga Retreat, New Zealand. She is an engaging, intuitive yoga and meditation teacher, international speaker and writer with more than 25 years of training and experience in a range or areas. She brings real life experience, years of building knowledge, humility, humour and compassion together to inspire students and share the transformative journey of teaching yoga and growth on the spiritual path.
Swami Karma Karuna is a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider (YACEP), a IAYT Yoga Therapist, a Senior Teacher of Yoga Australia and New Zealand as well as a Swami of the Bihar Yoga lineage. Her wide range of teaching includes yoga teacher trainings, Continuing Education courses for various organizations, international events and spiritual sadhana retreats around the world.
Yoga Nidra & Restorative Yoga Teacher Training - 9 day Retreat
Explore Other Retreats & Events
Wednesday 05 September, 2018 - Wednesday 02 January, 2019
Saturday 08 September, 2018 - Saturday 09 March, 2019