“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom”
Delve in to your yogic journey and become immersed in the beauty and simplicity of a yogic lifestyle on our signature retreat.
Use it as a stepping stone to our 4 week Yogic Life Skills Programme.
Give yourself the space and time to learn more about yourself in this holistic and practical introduction into the Yogic Lifestyle. Experience bringing together different yoga and meditation practices for an enhanced level of understanding. Receive a broad range of tools to take away with you in order to start supporting yourself through the hustle and bustle of life.
This is an opportunity for self-discovery and development in a supportive environment surrounded by some of the most stunning nature NZ has to offer. No previous yoga experience necessary – everybody is welcome!
The Explore Your ‘Self’ retreats are also an easy-entry point for our longer, 4 week Yogic Life Skills Programme. For more details about both retreats, read our Explore Your Self Blog or Yogic Life Skills Blog . Learn to live a more conscious life while increasing your knowledge and participation in a yogic lifestyle.
These Explore Your Self retreats are available most months throughout the year so check our calendar for more info.
- This event has passed.
Explore Your ‘Self’ Yoga Retreat
Monday 09 December, 2019 - Sunday 15 December, 2019
The Retreat Programme Includes
6 nights, shared accommodation (unless camping), all meals and the full retreat programme.
- Hatha Yoga classes
- Small Group Discussions
- Guided Meditation
- Daily Chanting
- Kirtan (singing mantras to music)
- Daily Yoga Nidra (deep relaxation)
- Karma Yoga (action with meditative awareness
- Fire Ceremony (Havan) and Chanting (healing sound vibration)
Start Time: 5pm onwards Monday – arrival/registration
Finish Time: 11am Sunday
Complimentary pick up: Monday 9th December 6:10pm Golden Bay Visitor Centre, where the Golden Bay Coachlines bus will drop you off if traveling to Takaka from Nelson.
Complimentary drop off: Sunday 15th December 11am back to Golden Bay Visitor Centre, where the Golden Bay Coachlines bus will pick you up from if traveling from Takaka to Nelson.
- Special Dietary Requirements: All meals provided are vegetarian. Vegan, Dairy Free & Gluten Free can be provided for an additional NZD $15. Add this to your booking at checkout.
- Private Sessions: Private yoga and Therapeutic Consultations, Bodywork and Nutritional Guidance are available by appointment. Click here to find out more.
- Private rooms: Limited options are available on request, subject to availability.
- Camping: Tent hire is available for an additional cost of NZD $30. If interested in hiring a tent, please enquire with us at the time of booking as we have a limited amount available.
For more information or to request any extras, please email us.
Anahata Teachers – we have an ever-changing group of visiting and resident teachers at Anahata. All are well trained and knowledgeable in their field, and they will lead you through this retreat in a respectful and gentle manner, inspiring you to go deeper and explore what you find.
Explore Your 'Self' Yoga Retreat
Explore Other Retreats & Events
Sunday 27 December, 2020 @ 8:00 am - Friday 01 December, 2023 @ 5:00 pm
With: Sannyasi Priyadhara
Friday 01 April, 2022 - Saturday 01 April, 2023