Treat yourself and come to Anahata for a relaxing Christmas Yoga Refresh Retreat. Enjoy Anahata’s spectacular natural environment, nourishing food, low technology environment, and yoga and relaxation practices. Relax and join us for a laid back Kiwi Christmas.
Our special Yoga Refresh breaks allow you to move at your own pace, to relax and unwind, and dip your toes into the simplicity of a yogic lifestyle.
Take time off for personal reflection or be inspired by interaction with like-minded people. Find your own rhythm with options to join in on yoga classes, relaxation practice, meditation sessions and chanting. Immerse yourself in bush hikes or open country walks with spectacular views, writing, or reading from our large library of spiritual and health books. Spend time in the garden or find a spot in the surrounding native forest to meditate or just relax. Healthy vegetarian meals are provided throughout your stay, nourishing your body as you unwind from the busyness of daily life.
There are opportunities to add on private therapeutic yoga sessions, body treatments or nutritional consultations.
Leave feeling inspired, refreshed and equipped with new ways to bring balance into your heart and mind, and your home and work life.
Check out our Moving into the Holiday Season with Mindfulness Blog to learn more about how you can support yourself during an often busy & stressful time of year and mindfully engage with the holidays.
- This event has passed.
Christmas Yoga Refresh Retreat
Monday 23 December, 2019 - Thursday 26 December, 2019
The Retreat Programme Includes
3 nights, shared accommodation (unless camping), all meals and the full retreat programme.
- Hatha Yoga classes
- Small Group Discussions
- Guided Meditation
- Daily Chanting
- Kirtan (singing mantras to music)
- Daily Yoga Nidra (deep relaxation)
- Karma Yoga (action with meditative awareness
- Fire Ceremony (Havan) and Chanting (healing sound vibration)
Start Time: 5.00pm Monday – arrival/registration followed by dinner
Finish Time: 11am Thursday
Complimentary pick up: Monday 23rd Dec 6:10pm at Golden Bay Visitor Centre, where the Golden Bay Coachlines bus will drop you off if traveling to Takaka from Nelson.
Complimentary drop off: Thursday 26th Dec 11am back to Golden Bay Visitor Centre, where the Golden Bay Coachlines bus will pick you up from if traveling from Takaka to Nelson.
- We will be exchanging gifts ‘Secret Santa’ style so please bring something under $20 or handmade.
Please bring any favourite Christmas carols you may know, in whatever language you wish, as we will use these for our Christmas-eve Carols and kirtan night. No pressure, just an invitation!
- Special Dietary Requirements: All meals provided are vegetarian. Vegan, Dairy Free & Gluten Free can be provided for an additional NZD $15. Add this to your booking at checkout.
- Private Sessions: Private yoga and Therapeutic Consultations are available by appointment. Click here to find out more.
- Private rooms: Limited options are available on request, subject to availability.
- Camping: Tent hire is available for an additional cost of NZD $30. If interested in hiring a tent, please enquire with us at the time of booking as we have a limited amount available.
For more information or to request any extras, please email us.
Swami Karma Karuna, founding member and director of Anahata Yoga Retreat, NZ, is an engaging, intuitive yoga teacher with more than 25 years of training and experience. She specialises in therapeutic applications of yoga, yoga nidra relaxation and pranic practices and shares in a simple and practical way, inspiring people to access and apply yogic practices in their own lives.
Christmas Yoga Refresh Retreat
Explore Other Retreats & Events
Sunday 27 December, 2020 @ 8:00 am - Friday 01 December, 2023 @ 5:00 pm
With: Anahata Specialist Teachers
Saturday 30 October, 2021 - Saturday 29 October, 2022