Plant Based Chef
Are you passionate about sharing your love through nutritious plant based food? Do you seek spiritual growth in a community setting?
Come and join the Anahata team on our mission to educate, inspire and evolve! Immerse yourself in a daily yogic lifestyle, exchanging your skills for accommodation/food and teaching in Yogic practices.
We’re seeking an experienced, creative chef to provide highly nutritious, vegan & vegetarian meals, which are enriching for mind, body and soul.
- Preparing vegetarian, nutrient dense meals for guests & staff
- Learning, implementing and amending our menu as food production and seasons determine
- Implementing high standards of food presentation
- Working closely with the Garden staff on produce requirements
- Accurately compiling food orders, maintaining relationships with all providers and coordinate delivery of produce
- Maintaining appropriate stock levels of goods including regular stock takes
- Problem solving skills requiring ability to anticipate needs and request assistance when required
- Health and Safety and Food Safety in the kitchen
- Ability to be flexible to cater to guest dietary requirements
Valuable Skill Sets:
- Passion for health and wellbeing
- Nutritional knowledge and/or qualification
- Reliable and able to work well under pressure
- Experience preserving, drying & fermenting fruit & vegetables
- Knife skills
- Good communication skills
- Computer skills for kitchen administration
We are in need of skilled, dedicated and enthusiastic individuals with professional skills to help with building projects at Anahata.
Professional building skills with some knowledge of plumbing, electrical and/or carpentry is desired. You must have an eye for detail and be safety conscious.
What you get in return:
In return to those in a volunteer position, we offer a full exchange stay (after a short trial period) which includes an exchange of skills and time, for food, accommodation and teaching in yogic practices. We also offer the opportunity to attend retreats and training on specialised topics.
Anahata offers you immersion into a daily yogic lifestyle which encompasses simplistic living, time out from the hustle and bustle of modern life, a healthy vegetarian diet and the most beautiful natural environment. We have a weekly schedule of yoga, meditation, chanting (sound vibration) and Kirtan.
We consider applications from all ages and backgrounds, including both NZ residents and overseas visitors (with the appropriate Visa and written and verbal English skills). Previous yoga experience is not essential, however, a desire to learn about yoga and to be an integrated member of the Anahata community while you are here, is important.
You will need to be available to start as soon as practical and be willing to commit for 6 months – 1 year. If you are unable to stay for this length of time or do not have the skills required for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about our Karma Yogi stays and other opportunities that are available.
For an application form please email email@example.com