Live-In Care Takers Wanted
Anahata Yoga Retreat is looking for experienced, responsible, and self-motivated Care Takers for our property. We are currently taking time to pause and reflect on how to move forward into the future and we are in need of a few dedicated people (couples welcome) to help maintain the infrastructure of our centre. We value eco and yogic principles. This role will include all or parts of the below depending on your skills, developments of Anahata and other caretakers sharing the role:
- Upkeep of buildings and grounds associated with the property including Landscaping, Fire wood management.
- Checks and maintenance on key systems: solar, diesel generator, grey water.
- Preparing spaces for Airbnb guests and Venue Hires
- Maintaining a vegetable garden
- Possible light admin (ie. answering Air B&B messages and checking phones)
- Other duties as they arise.
There are longer term possibilities for interested people in increasing resilience and sustainability on the land, such a reigniting beekeeping and planting more fruit and nut trees. For an exchange for approx. 20hrs per week you will receive:
- Onsite accommodation (inclusive of heating fuel: wood or LPG)
- Access to some dry goods stocked onsite
- Access to food grown in the garden
- Use of the Yoga Sadhana space for personal practice
- Occasional yoga guidance or group yoga practice depending on who is on-site
We are open to discussing individual circumstances and your needs based on your skills and length of commitment to being at Anahata. Longer term preferred. If you feel this is the right opportunity for you, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for an application. If your application is successful, we will contact you for an interview. Please only apply if you are currently in NZ or have an NZ passport or permanent residency.