India Retreats 2018
You are invited with us on a unique and fully guided journey to India for inspiring yoga retreats. This is a very authentic experience of traditional yoga and ashram life that will touch your heart, open your mind and inspire your actions.
Retreats will be led personally by Swami Karma Karuna and begin in Kolkata where the group gathers, before travelling to Rikhia.
Dates for the 2018 retreats will be released shortly – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- joining us for the full immersion guided 26 day journey from Kolkata, which incorporates the 10 day Chakra Sadhana retreat and the 7 day Prana Vidya retreat, with an extended stay in Rikhia. Participate in Diwali (festival of lights) celebrations on the 19th October followed by a short trip to Munger for an ashram lifestyle experience before returning to Kolkata.
- 10 day Chakra Sadhana retreat, starting in Kolkata and travelling as a group to Rikhia to deepen your knowledge of yoga and how the chakras influence your personality, health and mind
- 7 day Prana Vidya retreat in Rikhia, to learn this ancient and powerful psychic practice that works with the system of prana for healing and spiritual awakening
Meet us in Kolkata and travel together to Rikhia for the in-depth Chakra Sadhana Retreat (using chakra focus during asana, pranayama, meditation, mantra and sound sessions), and then the Prana Vidya Retreat (a system to realise and expand prana for healing and spiritual awakening). These are enriching and transformational retreats that will give you an opportunity to find greater depth and understanding in your practice, irrespective of your level of experience. Participate in Diwali (festival of lights) celebrations on the 19th October followed by a short trip to Munger for an ashram lifestyle experience. See below for more information about the retreats, packages available and add on options to take part in the yagnas.
Chakra Sadhana Retreat in Rikhia
Deepen your knowledge of yoga and how the chakras influence your personality, health and mind. Chakras are energy centres in the body that regulate the circulation of energy and influence all our expressions. Experience great depth using chakra focus during asana, pranayama, meditation, theory sessions and more. Be inspired by deep insights from the Senior Swamis of Rikhia Peeth and integrate into ashram activities.
- A 10 day retreat in Rikhia, meet in Kolkata.
- Includes hotel & travel in India.
Prana Vidya Retreat in Rikhia
Prana (energy) Vidya (knowledge) is an ancient and powerful psychic practice dealing with the system of prana for healing and spiritual awakening. Experience the scientific and esoteric aspects of the subtle breath and body, including practical techniques for awakening the energetic fields. Awaken and manipulate prana consciously, develop subtle awareness to perceive and gain knowledge of the nature of prana which in turn leads to new dimensions of awareness, as well learning to direct this subtle energy for self-healing.
- A 7 day retreat, meet in Rikhia.
- Travel/hotel not included unless doing guided packages.
Retreat Options include:
- Asana, Pranayama, Mudra and Bandha practices – theme based
- Yoga Nidra or Prana Nidra
- Live in an authentic Indian ashram integrating with the culture during the program
- Possibility of Satsang (spiritual truth talk) with Swami Niranjanananda or Swami Satyasangananda
- Experience esoteric practices such as havan (fire ceremony) and chanting of ancient texts
- Expand your experience, be inspired and live a yogic lifestyle in a sacred environment
- Kirtan (singing and chanting of mantra)
- Karma yoga (working with meditative awareness)
- Support pack
- As well as additional specialised practices pertaining to each retreat
Feedback from Past Retreats
- An excellent way to go deeper into yoga and fully imbibe the ashram lifestyle…it opens your eyes…
- The contact with the village people was enlightening… to see their faces and smiles was wonderful
- I experienced the profound effect that sadhana has on my physical, mental and energetic states…I feel better able to maintain this now
- …It was a break from the distractions of living in the western world, immersed in a spiritual environment with like minded people…everybody should do this retreat