India Retreats 2018
You are invited with us on a unique and fully guided journey to India for inspiring yoga retreats. This is a very authentic experience of traditional yoga and ashram life that will touch your heart, open your mind and inspire your actions.
Guided retreats will be led personally by Swami Karma Karuna, beginning in Kolkata and travelling to Rikhiapeeth Ashram.
Participate in this year’s Chakra Sadhana Retreat (Deepen your knowledge of Kundalini Yoga with chakra focus during asana, pranayama, meditation, mantra and sound practices). Enjoy Navaratri chanting program, where we will also integrate into the ashram activities during this powerful 9 day period of astrological significance that is said to increase the benefits of any spiritual practice. Afterwards, spend time experiencing the Ashram Lifestyle (volunteering yourself in the spirit of seva-selfless service) before deepening your experience with the Prana Vidya Retreat (a system to realise and expand prana for healing and spiritual growth).
These are enriching and transformational retreats that will give you an opportunity to find greater depth and understanding in your practice, irrespective of your level of experience.
10% Early bird Discount available if registering before 10th June
- Join us for the full immersion guided journey, 7 October – 8 November which incorporates the Chakra Sadhana Retreat & Navaratri chanting program, Ashram lifestyle stay and the Prana Vidya Retreat. Participate in Diwali (festival of lights) celebrations on 7 November before returning to Kolkata. 32 nights.
- 10 day Chakra Sadhana Retreat, travel as a group to Rikhia to deepen your knowledge of yoga and how the chakras influence your personality, health and mind.
- 7 day Prana Vidya Retreat, meet in Rikhia, to learn this ancient and powerful practice that works with the psychic system of prana for healing and spiritual development
See below for more information about the retreats and packages available.
Chakra Sadhana Retreat in Rikhia
10-19 October 2018
Deepen your knowledge of yoga and how the chakras influence all levels of your personality: physical, energetic, mental and emotional harmony as well as psychic and spiritual development. Chakras are energy centres in the body that regulate the circulation of energy and influence all our expressions. Experience depth using chakra focus during asana, pranayama, meditation, theory sessions and more. Be inspired by deep insights from the Senior Swamis of Rikhiapeeth and integrate into the Navaratri program and other ashram activities.
- A 10 day retreat in Rikhia
- Includes hotel & return travel from Kolkata
Integrate the experience of Chakra Sadhana by immersing yourself in the daily activities of the ashram, which include Karma Yoga and may consist of yoga programs, kirtan and chanting, alongside the ashram residents. Volunteer you self in the spirit of seva-selfless service. An opportunity to serve, love, give and learn skills for daily life while helping others.
Prana Vidya Retreat in Rikhia
31 October – 6 November 2018
Prana (energy) Vidya (knowledge) is an ancient and powerful psychic practice dealing with the system of prana for healing and spiritual awakening. Experience the scientific and esoteric aspects of the subtle breath and body, including practical techniques for awakening the fields of energy present in the human structure. Awaken and direct prana consciously, develop subtle awareness to perceive and gain knowledge of the nature of prana which in turn leads to expanded understanding of one self, as well as learning to direct this subtle energy for personal healing.
- A 7 day retreat in Rikhia.
- Travel/hotel not included unless doing guided packages.
Conclude your journey with Diwali, a traditional celebration of light, which offers an opportunity to connect with our inner luminosity and experience of joy, as India glows with thousands of flickering candles.
Retreat Options include:
- Asana, Pranayama, Mudra and Bandha practices – theme based
- Yoga Nidra or Prana Nidra
- Live in an authentic Indian ashram integrating with the culture during the program
- Possibility of Satsang (spiritual truth talk) with Swami Niranjanananda or Swami Satyasangananda
- Experience esoteric practices such as havan (fire ceremony) and chanting of ancient texts
- Expand your experience, be inspired and live a yogic lifestyle in a sacred environment
- Kirtan (singing and chanting of mantra)
- Karma yoga (working with meditative awareness)
- Support pack
- As well as additional specialised practices pertaining to each retreat
Packages & Pricing
- 7th October – 8th November, 32 nights $NZ 3,595
- Chakra Sadhana, Navaratri, Ashram Stay, Prana Vidya and Diwali
- 7th October – 31st October, 24 Nights $NZ 2,895
- Chakra Sadhana, Navaratri and Ashram Stay
- 7th October – 21st October 14 nights $NZ 1,695
- Chakra Sadhana Retreat Only
*Partial scholarships available. For more details contact us.
*All guided options include: 1 night in Kolkata Hotel, travel Kolkata to retreats, all accommodation, transport and food within the group plan. Does not include travel to/from India, e.g., international airfares, insurance, personal travel in India etc.
or check out
Feedback from Past Retreats
- An excellent way to go deeper into yoga and fully imbibe the ashram lifestyle…it opens your eyes…
- The contact with the village people was enlightening… to see their faces and smiles was wonderful
- I experienced the profound effect that sadhana has on my physical, mental and energetic states…I feel better able to maintain this now
- …It was a break from the distractions of living in the western world, immersed in a spiritual environment with like minded people…everybody should do this retreat