India Retreats 2019
You are invited with us on these unique and fully guided journeys to India for an inspiring yoga retreat. This is a very authentic experience of traditional yoga and ashram life that will touch your heart, open your mind and inspire your actions.
Guided retreats will be led personally by Swami Karma Karuna, and all are guided from Kolkata and travelling to Rikhiapeeth Ashram.
Participate in this year’s Chakra Sadhana Retreat (Deepen your knowledge of Kundalini Yoga with chakra focus during asana, pranayama, meditation, mantra and sound practices). Enjoy the Navaratri chanting program, where we will also integrate into the ashram activities during this powerful 9 day period of astrological significance that is said to increase the benefits of any spiritual practice. Afterwards, spend time experiencing the Ashram Lifestyle (volunteering yourself in the spirit of seva-selfless service) before deepening your experience with the Prana Vidya Retreat (a system to realise and expand prana for healing and spiritual growth). End your journey with Diwali, the celebration of light.
These are enriching and transformational retreats that will give you an opportunity to find greater depth and understanding in your practice, irrespective of your level of experience.
10% Early bird Discount available
- Join us for the full 51 day guided journey, 18 September – 8 November which incorporates the Chakra Sadhana Retreat & Navaratri chanting program, Ashram lifestyle stay and the Prana Vidya Retreat. Participate in Diwali (festival of lights) celebrations before returning to Kolkata. 51 nights.
Or join one of the shorter segment retreats
- 20 day Chakra Sadhana & Navaratri Retreat – travel as a group to Rikhia to deepen your knowledge of yoga and how the chakras influence your personality, health and mind. Stay on for the Navaratri celebration, with the option to add extra nights for a personal ashram stay
- 10 day Chakra Sadhana Retreat – travel as a group to Rikhia to deepen your knowledge of yoga and how the chakras influence your personality, health and mind.
- 10 day Prana Vidya Retreat – travel as a group to Rikhia to learn this ancient and powerful practice that works with the psychic system of prana for healing and spiritual development
See below for more information about the retreats and packages available.
Full 51 day Option
18 Sept – 8 Nov 2019
Join Swami Karma Karuna for the full 51 day journey and immerse yourself in the options below. These include the Chakra Sadhana Retreat and Navaratri Celebration, an Ashram Stay, the Prana Vidya Retreat and Diwali Celebrations.
Chakra Sadhana Retreat in Rikhia
18 – 28 September 2019
Deepen your knowledge of yoga and how the chakras influence all levels of your personality: physical, energetic, mental and emotional harmony as well as psychic and spiritual development. Chakras are energy centres in the body that regulate the circulation of energy and influence all our expressions. Experience depth using chakra focus during asana, pranayama, meditation, theory sessions and more. Be inspired by deep insights from the Senior Swamis of Rikhiapeeth and integrate into the Navaratri program and other ashram activities.
Integrate the experience of Chakra Sadhana by immersing yourself in the daily activities of the ashram, which include Karma Yoga and may consist of yoga programs, kirtan and chanting, alongside the ashram residents. Volunteer you self in the spirit of seva-selfless service. An opportunity to serve, love, give and learn skills for daily life while helping others.
Prana Vidya Retreat in Rikhia
29 October – 8 November 2019
Prana (energy) Vidya (knowledge) is an ancient and powerful psychic practice dealing with the system of prana for healing and spiritual awakening. Experience the scientific and esoteric aspects of the subtle breath and body, including practical techniques for awakening the fields of energy present in the human structure. Awaken and direct prana consciously, develop subtle awareness to perceive and gain knowledge of the nature of prana which in turn leads to expanded understanding of one self, as well as learning to direct this subtle energy for personal healing.
Conclude your journey with Diwali, a traditional celebration of light, which offers an opportunity to connect with our inner luminosity and experience of joy, as India glows with thousands of flickering candles.
Retreat Options include:
- Asana, Pranayama, Mudra and Bandha practices – theme based
- Yoga Nidra or Prana Nidra
- Live in an authentic Indian ashram integrating with the culture during the program
- Possibility of Satsang (spiritual truth talk) with Swami Niranjanananda or Swami Satyasangananda
- Experience esoteric practices such as havan (fire ceremony) and chanting of ancient texts
- Expand your experience, be inspired and live a yogic lifestyle in a sacred environment
- Kirtan (singing and chanting of mantra)
- Karma yoga (working with meditative awareness)
- Support pack
- As well as additional specialised practices pertaining to each retreat
Packages & Pricing
Option 1 Chakra Sadhana, Navaratri & Ashram Stay (extra)
- 18th September – 8th October, 20 Nights $NZ 2,495
- Chakra Sadhana and Navaratri
- Optional Ashram Stay is extra
Option 2 – Chakra Sadhana Retreat
- 18th September – 28th September, 10 nights $NZ 1,795
- Chakra Sadhana Retreat Only
Option 3 – Prana Vidya Retreat
- 29th October – 8th November, 10 nights $NZ 1,795
- Prana Vidya Retreat only
Option 4 Full Package
- 18th September – 8th November, 51 nights $NZ 4,995
- Chakra Sadhana, Navaratri, Ashram Stay, Prana Vidya and Diwali
*Partial scholarships available. For more details contact us.
*All guided options include: 1 night in Kolkata Hotel, travel Kolkata to retreats, all accommodation, transport and food within the group plan. Does not include travel to/from India, e.g., international airfares, insurance, personal travel in India etc.
or check out
Feedback from Past Retreats
- An excellent way to go deeper into yoga and fully imbibe the ashram lifestyle…it opens your eyes…
- The contact with the village people was enlightening… to see their faces and smiles was wonderful
- I experienced the profound effect that sadhana has on my physical, mental and energetic states…I feel better able to maintain this now
- …It was a break from the distractions of living in the western world, immersed in a spiritual environment with like minded people…everybody should do this retreat