The Power of the Breath – Yoga and Meditation Retreat
The Yogis say that the “quality of your breath reflects the quality of your life”. A fast breath equals a stressed mind, unfocused emotions and a sick body. A slow, deep breath equals a calm, balanced and focused mind, health & well-being.
Join us for this special weekend retreat at Tauhara Retreat Centre, Lake Taupo where we will explore the power of the breath and prana through Hatha Yoga, breathing and meditation techniques, and an optional hot springs visit (extra cost).
You will learn the simple science behind the breath and its connection to the physical, mental and energetic experiences as well as gaining understanding on how the breath influences the nervous system. Experience the difference between conscious and unconscious breathing and learn how to develop better breathing patterns, thus influencing the mental and physical health.
Inter-related to the breath is the vital force called prana, which sustains the body and mind and allows us to feel expanded, balanced, energetic and full of life. Deepen your practice by delving into the five pranas or energy flows within the body and experience them through asana, pranayama, meditation, mudra and bandhas.
By the end of the retreat you will learn practical tools to take away with you that include techniques to calm the mind, heal the body and energise your whole system.
- Experience different pranayama techniques and learn about their therapeutic benefits; heating, cooling, balancing and tranquilising.
- Learn how the breath can be used to activate the relaxation response, support digestion and our health, by using Pranayama and breathing practices to expand the breath capacity, bringing fresh energy and vitality to body and mind.
- Discover how the breath can be used as a vehicle to release deep held patterns and access new dimensions of consciousness.
- Experience meditation practices that focus on the breath as a way to stimulate prana, our vital life force and enjoy Yoga Nidra deep relaxation including the profound practice of Prana Nidra.
This weekend retreat is ideal for beginners through to seasoned practitioners and yoga teachers or healthcare workers keen to explore the breath at a deeper level, and gain a understanding of the breath from theoretical, practical and scientific view point.
Tauhara Retreat & Conference Centre, 60 Acacia Heights Drive, Taupo
The Power of Breath – Yoga & Meditation Retreat at Tauhara Centre, Taupo
Friday 23 August, 2019 - Sunday 25 August, 2019
The Retreat Programme Includes
2 nights shared accommodation, all meals and teachings.
- Hatha yoga classes
- Restorative yoga practices
- Breathing practices
- Daily Yoga Nidra (deep relaxation)
- Group teachings
Start Time: 3pm Friday 23rd Aug arrival / registration
Finish Time: 2pm Sunday 25th Aug
Standard Price: NZ$ 475-500 per person shared indoor accommodation
Early Bird price: 10% discount if paid in full by 24th July (promo code EB10)
Please ask for private, self-contained and caravan options, and day specials
- Bedding: $15 per person, please request, or bring your own
- Dietary Requirements: $15 extra per person for Gluten free or vegan options
- Private Yoga Consultations: Receive a personal yoga program, ask questions and get guidance on your health, spiritual life etc. Available Fri, 23rd Aug after 12pm, please pre-book.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Jacket (and rain gear is useful)
- Warm, comfortable clothes (bring clothes for all seasons – as Anahata is located up a mountain, the weather is very changeable)
- Slip-on shoes and walking shoes if required (gumboots are useful)
- Towel and toiletries
- Washing powder/soap for hand-washing essential clothes (ecologically friendly please)
- Water bottle
- Torch (important) & extra batteries
- Alarm clock
- Swimwear (for optional hot springs visit)
- Yoga Mat
- Special foods or snacks
- Writing material or notebooks
- Any pharmaceuticals/medications needed for your stay
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
- Alcohol and recreational drugs.
- Cell phones to be turned off unless making calls or checking messages.
- We are smoke free. Please abstain from smoking on the retreat grounds during your stay.
Swami Karma Karuna, founding member and director of Anahata Yoga Retreat, NZ, is an engaging, intuitive yoga teacher with more than 25 years of training and experience. She specialises in therapeutic applications of yoga, yoga nidra relaxation and pranic practices and shares in a simple and practical way, inspiring people to access and apply yogic practices in their own lives.
The Power of Breath - Yoga & Meditation Retreat at Tauhara Centre, Taupo
Explore Other Retreats & Events
Wednesday 29 August, 2018 - Wednesday 10 July, 2019
Saturday 06 April, 2019 - Saturday 13 July, 2019