This 10 day meditation retreat with international meditation teacher, Swami Anandakumar, provides an opportunity to travel to your own centre, to find the stillness within and discover that your own inner nature is unchanging.
The retreat offers the unique opportunity to explore tools that will help you to truly find peace, happiness, clarity and perspective on the whole of life.
This silent meditation retreat offers a unique chance for you to go into a space of silence to begin or deepen your meditation practice depending on your previous experience. Held with long periods of silence over 10 days, it will help you to let your mind rest and enjoy a different, deeper kind of reflection and relaxation that will leave you wiser, and more ready for the challenges of life.
Renowned meditation teacher, Swami Anandakumar, takes a fresh and direct approach to meditation which is effective for both the beginner and advanced practitioner. The combination of ancient yoga techniques with well-timed, intuitive guidance, aimed at the modern mind, helps each person to find their way to deeper levels of awareness through access to their own intuitive experience.
These meditation practices will be balanced with Hatha Yoga, Yoga Nidra, Karma Yoga, Kirtan and Havan (fire ceremony) to actively encourage a self-explorative approach to meditation and provide a gentle way to balance the mind and realign the awareness toward your own inner nature.
With more than 35 years experience Sw. Anandakumar helps to bring harmony to meditation practice, outlining a working ‘road map’ in order to harmonise any conflict with the body-mind and find your way forward. This allows your meditation practice to come from a place of inspiration rather than a feeling of obligation, which is uplifting even as you begin to face up to yourself. It’s a jumping off point for a deeper self-discovery.
Navaratri Practice 25th March – 3rd April
Navaratri is a period of nine days and occurs in spring and autumn when the astrological conjunctions are deemed to be the most auspicious for spiritual practice. It is said that an hour of practice during this nine day period is equivalent to 100 hours of practice at any other time.
The practices will be integrated with the Silent Meditation retreat. Exploring this form of meditation and experiencing the benefits of this supercharged period.
The focus of this inspiring retreat is on Awareness in Meditation. And it will help to answer some essential questions.
- What is meditation?
- What is its purpose?
- How do we practise it properly?
- How do we maintain our meditation practice
- What are the benefits that meditation can accrue for us in daily life?
This course is suitable:
• For all sincere students, seekers, and spiritual adventurers.
• To develop and extend your regular meditation practice of finding the answers within the self.
• Each meditation experience is unique with the potential to go deeper each time.
Power of Awareness Silent Meditation Retreat
Friday 27 March, 2020 - Sunday 05 April, 2020
The Retreat Programme Includes
9 nights, shared accommodation (unless camping), all meals and the full retreat programme.
- Hatha Yoga classes
- Guided Meditation
- Daily Chanting
- Kirtan (singing mantras to music)
- Daily Yoga Nidra (deep relaxation)
- Karma Yoga (action with meditative awareness
- Fire Ceremony (Havan) and Chanting (healing sound vibration)
- Periods of silence for reflection
Start Time: 10am onwards Friday 27th March – arrival/registration
Finish Time: 11am Sunday 5th April
Complimentary pick up: 6:10pm Thursday 26th March from Golden Bay Visitor Centre, where the Golden Bay Coachlines bus will drop you off if traveling to Takaka from Nelson.
Complimentary drop off: 11am Sunday 5th April back to Golden Bay Visitor Centre, where the Golden Bay Coachlines bus will pick you up from if traveling from Takaka to Nelson.
- Discounts: A discounted rate of NZD $75 applies for the night before the retreat begins (26th March), if you wish to attend the Navaratri Program, a discounted rate of NZD $75 also applies for the 25th March. Add this to your booking at checkout.
- Special Dietary Requirements: All meals provided are vegetarian. Vegan, Dairy Free & Gluten Free can be provided for an additional NZD $25 . Add this to your booking at checkout.
- Private Sessions: Are unavailable for this event.
- Private rooms: Limited options are available on request, subject to availability.
- Camping: Tent hire is available for an additional cost of NZD $30. If interested in hiring a tent, please enquire with us at the time of booking as we have a limited amount available.
For more information or to request any extras, please email us.
Swami Karma Karuna, founding member and director of Anahata Yoga Retreat, NZ, is an engaging, intuitive yoga teacher with more than 25 years of training and experience. She specialises in therapeutic applications of yoga, yoga nidra relaxation and pranic practices and shares in a simple and practical way, inspiring people to access and apply yogic practices in their own lives.
Power of Awareness Silent Meditation Retreat
Explore Other Retreats & Events
Wednesday 14 August, 2019 - Wednesday 15 July, 2020
Saturday 17 August, 2019 - Saturday 18 July, 2020