This 9 day meditation retreat with international meditation teacher, Swami Anandakumar, provides an opportunity to travel to your own centre, to find the stillness within and discover that your own inner nature is unchanging.
The retreat offers the unique opportunity to explore tools that will help you to truly find peace, happiness, clarity and perspective on the whole of life.
This silent meditation retreat offers a unique chance for you to go into a space of silence to begin or deepen your meditation practice depending on your previous experience. Held with long periods of silence over 9 days, it will help you to let your mind rest and enjoy a different, deeper kind of reflection and relaxation that will leave you wiser, and more ready for the challenges of life.
Renowned meditation teacher, Swami Anandakumar, takes a fresh and direct approach to meditation which is effective for both the beginner and advanced practitioner. The combination of ancient yoga techniques with well-timed, intuitive guidance, aimed at the modern mind, helps each person to find their way to deeper levels of awareness through access to their own intuitive experience.
These meditation practices will be balanced with Hatha Yoga, Yoga Nidra, Karma Yoga, Kirtan and Havan (fire ceremony) to actively encourage a self-explorative approach to meditation and provide a gentle way to balance the mind and realign the awareness toward your own inner nature.
With more than 35 years experience Sw. Anandakumar helps to bring harmony to meditation practice, outlining a working ‘road map’ in order to harmonise any conflict with the body-mind and find your way forward. This allows your meditation practice to come from a place of inspiration rather than a feeling of obligation, which is uplifting even as you begin to face up to yourself. It’s a jumping off point for a deeper self-discovery.
The focus of this inspiring retreat is on Awareness in Meditation. And it will help to answer some essential questions.
- What is meditation?
- What is its purpose?
- How do we practise it properly?
- How do we maintain our meditation practice
- What are the benefits that meditation can accrue for us in daily life?
This course is suitable:
• For all sincere students, seekers, and spiritual adventurers.
• To develop and extend your regular meditation practice of finding the answers within the self.
• Each meditation experience is unique with the potential to go deeper each time.
If you are interested, read our Blog 5 Reasons to attend a Silent Meditation Retreat written by Mahima who attended this retreat with Swami Anandakumar in India OR check out our interview with Swami Anandakumar.
- This event has passed.
Power of Awareness Silent Meditation Retreat
Saturday 26 June, 2021 - Sunday 04 July, 2021
The Retreat Programme Includes
9 nights, shared accommodation (unless camping), all meals and the full retreat programme.
- Hatha Yoga classes
- Guided Meditation
- Daily Chanting
- Kirtan (singing mantras to music)
- Daily Yoga Nidra (deep relaxation)
- Karma Yoga (action with meditative awareness
- Fire Ceremony (Havan) and Chanting (healing sound vibration)
- Periods of silence for reflection
Standard Price: NZ$1195
Early Bird Price: 10% discount if full payment is made by 26th May 2021
*Prices include Shared Accommodation (unless camping), all meals and the full Retreat Programme.
Start Time: 10:00am Saturday 26th June – arrival/registration
Finish Time: 1:00pm Sunday 4th July – departure
Complimentary pick up: 6:10pm Friday 25th June from Golden Bay Visitor Centre, where the Golden Bay Coachlines bus will drop you off if travelling to Takaka from Nelson.
Complimentary drop off: 1:40pm Sunday 4th July to Golden Bay Air OR Golden Bay Visitor Centre. There are no buses available on this day, however there are scheduled flights from Golden Bay to Wellington available through Golden Bay Air.
- Discounts: A discounted rate of NZ$75 applies for the night before the retreat begins, inclusive of pick-up, dinner and breakfast (25th June).
- Special Dietary Requirements: All meals provided are vegetarian. Vegan, Dairy-Free & Gluten Free can be provided for an additional NZD $10 per week.
- Sauna: Our new sauna is now available for use!
- Private rooms: Limited options are available on request, subject to availability.
- Camping: Tent hire is available for an additional cost of NZD $30. If interested in hiring a tent, please enquire with us at the time of booking as we have a limited amount available.
To book now and to request any extras, please email us.
Swami Karma Karuna is a founding member and director of Anahata Yoga Retreat, New Zealand. She is an engaging, intuitive yoga and meditation teacher, international speaker and writer with more than 25 years of training and experience in a range or areas. She brings real life experience, years of building knowledge, humility, humour and compassion together to inspire students and share the transformative journey of teaching yoga and growth on the spiritual path.
Swami Karma Karuna is a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider (YACEP), a IAYT Yoga Therapist, a Senior Teacher of Yoga Australia and New Zealand as well as a Swami of the Bihar Yoga lineage. Her wide range of teaching includes yoga teacher trainings, Continuing Education courses for various organizations, international events and spiritual sadhana retreats around the world.
Power of Awareness Silent Meditation Retreat
Explore Other Retreats & Events
Saturday 17 August, 2019 - Saturday 09 October, 2021
Thursday 09 July, 2020 - Sunday 30 January, 2022