A balanced mind and lifestyle prepare the soil in which health, well-being, personal growth, happiness, positive relationships and inner peace take root, receive nourishment and flourish.
We know today that imbalance leads to different forms of mental, emotional and physical disease and also to disconnection from our community, environment and our natural selves. There are times when we can experience challenges that tip us out of harmony. However, despite life’s many fluctuations, it is possible to rebound at any time. Cultivating qualities that support healthy living and develop an equanimous and positive mind strengthen this innate capacity.
This weekend retreat will offer participants space to experience and explore a well-rounded practice of integral yoga and meditation, including yogic lifestyle tips and insights, to help us create, nourish, and restore balance in our lives … and our world.
All bodies and levels of experience are welcome.
Creating Balance Retreat at Tauhara Retreat Centre
Friday 27 August, 2021 - Sunday 29 August, 2021
The Retreat Programme Includes
- Classical Hatha Yoga – a flow of accessible physical postures and movements synchronised with breath and
practiced with self-reflective awareness to balance body and energy whilst bringing stillness to the mind. An
effective method to unwind and de-stress, boost immunity and vitality, and optimise the body’s
interconnected physiological systems and functions.
- Breath Awareness – techniques to ground and tap into the body’s most vital process; utilising the breath to
soothe the nervous system and activate the relaxation response, reduce stress levels and be healthier
physically, mentally and emotionally.
- Deep Relaxation with Yoga Nidra – a unique way to harmonise body, energy, emotions and mind while also
developing the capacity to witness rather than react; thereby, establishing a positive relationship with oneself
- Meditations from the Tantras & SWAN Theory (strengths, weaknesses, aims, needs) – guided practices to
calm, balance and anchor the mind in the present moment; to cultivate greater self-understanding, positive
qualities, equanimity, compassion and connection with ourselves, others, and our natural environment.
- Walking Meditation weather permitting.
- Practical insights into the qualities that support balance of mind and healthy living as well theory, philosophy
and science behind the practices.
- Space for self-reflection.
- Connecting and sharing with a community of like-minded people in a natural environment.
- Soaking in the hot pools (optional extra).
The Retreat Venue
Tauhara Retreat & Conference Centre
60 Acacia Heights Drive
Phone: 07 378 7507
CHECK IN & REGISTRATION
From 3pm Friday
WEEKEND START & FINISH
4:30pm Hatha Yoga & Yoga Nidra Class
Finish Time: 2pm
Bedding and visit to the hot pools are extra. Full payment required on booking. Please pay the full amount of
your fee to Creating Balance 38-9010-0415892-02 by direct banking.
*availability will need to be confirmed at time of booking
1. Shared Accommodation: included in the retreat price. A number of different shared accommodation
spaces are available, including 9 bunk rooms and 3 caravans.
2. Shared Self Contained Accommodation: $25 extra per person per night (does not include bedding)
3. Self Contained Accommodation: limited options available for $50 extra per person per night (does not
DAY PASSES & OFFSITE RETREAT OPTIONS
Saturday — day with lunch $105
Saturday — day & evening, lunch & dinner $130
Full retreat offsite accommodation $320
Full payment required to hold your space
WHAT TO BRING
- Bedding (unless you have pre-arranged bedding rental)
- Jacket (rain gear is useful)
- Warm, comfortable clothes (bring clothes for all seasons as weather is very changeable)
- Slip-on shoes & Walking shoes (gumboots are useful)
- Towel & Toiletries
- Water Bottle
- Torch (with extra batteries)
- Alarm clock
- Swimwear (for optional hot springs visit)
- Yoga Mat & Meditation Blanket
- Sitting cushion or any other props that you find helpful to sit comfortably
• Special foods or snacks
• Writing material/notebook
• Any pharmaceuticals/mediations needed for your stay
WHAT NOT TO BRING
• Alcohol & recreational drugs
• Cell phones to be turned off unless making calls or checking messages in your private space
• Please abstain from smoking on the retreat grounds during your stay
• Full refund minus $50 admin fee for cancellations made more than 30 days from retreat start date
• 50% refund of amount paid for cancellations made 7-30 days from retreat start date
• No refund for cancellations made within 7 days from retreat start date
• Please note No Refunds are available for early departure or late commencement
TO BOOK, EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE 020 414 515 16
Sannyasi Priyadhara discovered yoga in her youth and was eventually drawn to the teachings of the Bihar-Satyananda Yoga tradition. She was initiated into Karma Sannyasa and lived as a full-time resident and sannyasa trainee at Bihar School of Yoga, India for a significant period of her life. She had the opportunity to imbibe the teachings of the yogic tradition under the guidance of her teacher Swami Niranjanananda Saraswati, who inspired her to experience yoga as an integral science of the self, a way of life and culture. Today Priyadhara works with people of all ages and walks of life who seek to connect with a deeper sense of self, cultivate balance and peace, and express the positive qualities and innate potential of their being.
Sannyasin Atmabhava discovered yoga in 2001 at a time when he was facing serious health challenges. The scientific and systematic teachings of the yogic tradition made a strong impression on him and changed the course of his life, supporting his health recovery, and giving him the tools to live in a positive, balanced and creative way. He was initiated in Karma Sannyasa and has since lived, studied and taught in Bihar- Satyananda Yoga ashrams and centres in Australia, New Zealand and India. His inspiration to share yogic wisdom comes from seeing others transform and connect with their innate positive nature. He has worked therapeutically at Rimutaka Prison and Forensic Mental Health in Wellington and teaches on a variety of topics in community settings, workshops and retreats around New Zealand.
Creating Balance Retreat at Tauhara Retreat Centre
Explore Other Retreats & Events
Saturday 17 August, 2019 - Saturday 09 October, 2021
Thursday 09 July, 2020 - Sunday 30 January, 2022