Ayurveda Foundations is designed to cover the key underlying principles of Ayurveda and how to apply them in your life.
In essence, how-to live-in rhythm with yourself and with nature.
You will get to know yourself in a whole new way and learn how to incorporate simple nutritional guidelines, lifestyle tools and home remedies to support your health and well-being. If Ayurveda was a religion (and it isn’t) Nature would be God and the only sin would be not listening to your own inner wisdom.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who is interested in their own health and wellbeing and in supporting their friends and family. The course is also ideal for yoga students and teachers and any health practitioners who would like to gain an understanding of Ayurvedic philosophy and practices to be able to enhance the support they provide to their clients.
Monday 28 September, 2020 - Sunday 04 October, 2020
The Retreat Programme Includes
6 nights, shared accommodation (unless camping), all meals and the full retreat programme.
- Delicious organic vegetarian meals prepared with love
- Participation in the Retreat Centre’s daily programme including morning yoga, yoga nidra, guided meditation mantra meditation, kirtan and fire ceremony (Havan) and chanting (healing sound vibration)
- Daily workshops including hands on time in the kitchen preparing an Ayurvedic feast
- A Comprehensive workbook
- A Dinacharya (self care) kit to support your practice when you return home
Start Time: from 5pm Monday 28th September – arrival/registration
Finish Time: 11am Sunday 4th October
Complimentary pick up: 6:10pm Monday 28th September Golden Bay Visitor Centre, where the Golden Bay Coachlines bus will drop you off if traveling to Takaka from Nelson.
Complimentary drop off: 11am Sunday 4th October back to Golden Bay Visitor Centre, where the Golden Bay Coachlines bus will pick you up from if traveling from Takaka to Nelson.
- Special Dietary Requirements: All meals provided are vegetarian. Vegan, Dairy Free & Gluten Free can be provided for an additional NZD $15. Please advise us at the time of booking.
- Private Sessions: Private yoga and Therapeutic Consultations & Bodywork are available by appointment. Click here to find out more.
- Private rooms: Limited options are available on request, subject to availability.
- Camping: Tent hire is available for an additional cost of NZD $30. If interested in hiring a tent, please enquire with us at the time of booking as we have a limited amount available.
- Extra night’s stay: There is the option to stay an extra night for $75
For more information or to request any extras, please email us.
Girishaa has been a student of Ayurveda for 20 years completing her initial studies with Dr Ajit through the Australasian Institute Ayurvedic Studies (AIAS) in 2006. Moving from a 20 year career in Human Resource Management she establishing a successful Ayurvedic practice and has continued to develop her knowledge and skills with a wide variety of both Indian and Western teachers. Girishaa also has Diploma of Satyananda Yoga at lived at Mangrove Yoga Ashram for 2 ½ years. She is current runs Ayurveda & Yoga retreats under the banner of 2WiseWomen, the two wise women being Ayurveda & Yoga. As a practitioner, Girishaa’s holistic approach blends the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda with her own extensive life skills and experience. She is passionate about Ayurveda and supporting people in creating & sustaining a balanced, healthy life. She also knows how elusive a ‘life of balance’ can be juggling multiple roles and has developed strategies that recognise the practicalities of life and wants to share them with you.
Explore Other Retreats & Events
Wednesday 14 August, 2019 - Wednesday 15 July, 2020
Saturday 17 August, 2019 - Saturday 18 July, 2020