Are you keen to immerse yourself in a daily yogic lifestyle, exchanging your skills for accommodation/food and teaching in Yogic practices?
We are seeking an experienced, creative chef to provide highly nutritious, vegan & vegetarian meals, which are enriching for mind, body and soul.
- Preparing vegetarian, nutrient dense meals for guests & staff
- Learning, implementing and amending our menu as food production and seasons determine this
- Implementing high standards of food presentation
- Working closely with the Garden staff to produce requirements
- Accurately compiling food orders, maintaining relationships with all providers and coordinate delivery of produce
- Maintaining appropriate stock levels of goods including regular stock takes
- Problem solving skills requiring with ability to anticipate needs and request assistance when required
- Health and Safety and Food Safety in the kitchen
- Ability to be flexible to cater to guest dietary requirements
Valuable Skill Set:
- Passion for health and well-being
- Nutritional knowledge and/or qualification
- Reliable and able to work well under pressure
- Experience preserving, drying & fermenting fruit & vegetables
- Knife skills
- Good communication skills
- Computer skills for kitchen administration
In return, we offer a full exchange stay (after a short trial period) which includes an exchange of skills and time, for food, accommodation and teaching in yogic practices. We also offer the opportunity to attend retreats and training on specialised topics, and are also open to negotiate a small stipend for this key position.
Anahata offers you immersion in to a daily yogic lifestyle which encompasses simplistic living, time out from the hustle and bustle of modern life, a healthy vegetarian diet and the most beautiful natural environment. We have a weekly schedule of yoga, meditation, chanting (sound vibration) and Kirtan.
We consider applications from all ages and backgrounds, including both NZ residents and overseas visitors (with the appropriate Visa and written and verbal English skills). Previous yoga experience is not essential, however, a desire to learn about yoga and to be an integrated member of the Anahata community while you are here, is important.
You will need to be available to start as soon as practical and be willing to commit for 6 months – 1 year. To apply, please email email@example.com.
If you are unable to stay for this length of time or do not have the skills required for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about our Karma Yogi stays and other opportunities that are available.